Latitude question

mispi

I am European cruiser, who is choosing cruises by routes, not by companies. So I have no high status anywhere. I have NCL latitude membership and I was very surprised, I am silver after one 14 nights trip via Panama channel /28 points /. I didn´t signed my wife for latitude that time 2 years ago, so she has no status in the moment. There are some benefits from membership - not so much, but they are. Now, we have booking for next 14 nights cruise from Papeetee to Hawai next year.

My question is: Have I sign my wife now for latitude membership, or is it my membership good for both of us and it is not so important?

did you wife sail with you on that cruise? if so, your wife should have an latitudes number. everyone who sails with Norwegian has an latitude account. You might have to call up norwegian and tell them to do a search using your wife number. due to various glitch in their system the past few weeks, she might have a new profile causing the 0 points 

Edited by shof515

From my understanding the cruise line automatically enrolls passengers in their programs. If they didn't I believe that it may be to late to have them make an adjustment for your wife. If you have a travel agent, you might want to check with him or her; they can be quite helpful compared to the cruise lines salespeople.

Good luck.

As stated, everyone who sails on NCL gets a Latitude number and is enrolled in the program. If the person is under age they accrue points, but are not official until they are either 18 or 21. One of the NCL regulars has a kid who will be Platinum or even Platinum Plus by the time they turn 18.  My daughter cruised once with us back in 03 - she took her first cruise on her own this year - our TA found her latitudes number and found the 7 points from her first cruise. She now has 14 and her DH has 7. 

I think that a call to the latitudes desk might be in order. BTW my wife's number is one digit off from mine.

If you know her latitudes number, it will probably be one digit up from yours, then just register her for a MyNCL account on line. I did this for my daughter only last week. She has cruised with us twice and I thought she had an account, a search revealed she hadn't. I registered her for a MyNCL account and when I was asked if she had cruised NCL before I replied yes and entered her latitudes number. Once finished, I logged into her account and her past cruises and points were shown.