Cozumel Excursions

adlb1300

My family and I are traveling to Cozumel as part of our cruise on the Breakaway in April 2019. We have the double excursion credit as part of our package. I'm very interested in history and want to visit the Mayan ruins while we are there. Right now NCL is offering 3 excursions to Mayan ruin sites.

• Chichen Itza by Airplane
  • Tulum
  • San Gervasio (stops at the beach as well)

I would love to go to Chichen Itza as I hear it is great but it requires a plane ride and at $499 per person would mean paying $1,900 (after the $100 credit) on 1 excursion blowing our budget out of the water. Therefore, barring hitting the lottery that probably leaves Tulum or San Gervasio. Curious if anyone has done these excursions and what they are like and which one you would recommend?

Thanks in advance

We did San Gervasio on our own by renting a taxi.  I feel we wrung out what we were interested in learning through a self-guided tour.  Read about the Mayans and ruins beforehand.  I prefer to stay on Cozumel so no experience in the mainland excursions.  

Depending on personal preference, Cozumel has world class diving.  Try SCUBA, SNUBA, or snorkeling.  It is absolutely gorgeous under the surface.

we did Tulum and HIGHLY recommend.

if you go, def book thru the ship.  its a boat ride and a bus ride lasting about 1.5 hours each way give or take.  our excursion got back very late and fortunately teh ship was waiting for us as we were on an NCL tour.