Scuba honeymoon

We took a Carnival cruise last year on the Vista and stopped at Cozumel, Belize and Roatan. After doing a discover scuba excursion and falling in love with it, we went on and got our PADI open water cards. We are getting married next spring (open to times) and want to do a Royal Caribbean cruise this time. Any scuba fans have a favorite ship and/or ports they would suggest? Best itineraries? Our favorite cruise ship thing to do is the comedy club/karaoke and shows. Thank you for any suggestions y’all have! 

Roatan Honduras is spectacular.  Royal offers an excursion to dive with the world famous Anthony's Key Resort there and it is breathtaking.  You can easily dive most caribbean locations, and I have found that in most ports it is far easier to setup your own dive then to use a ship excursion.  Make sure you talk to the operators in advance so they know that you are on a cruise ship, and will be able to get you back in time.  Welcome to diving!!  Enjoy!!

6&8

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The ABC itinerary is the best (Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao). Honduras is a great stop as well.   

As for SRF's suggestion, I would tend to agree.  We have had dives cancelled the last 2 cruises for various reasons.  When you only have a couple days where dives are available, it is disappointing to have one of them cancelled on you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The ABC's has some good diving.   I've dived in Aruba and Curacao.  I am booked on 12 night southern on X in March that includes: 

1. ST. CROIX, U.S.V.I.
  2. ST. JOHNS, ANTIGUA
  3. CASTRIES, ST. LUCIA
  4. BRIDGETOWN, BARBADOS
  5. ST. GEORGE'S, GRENADA
  6. KINGSTOWN, ST. VINCENT
  7. BASSETERRE, ST KITTS & NEVIS

Lots of good diving to be had on these islands. Unfortunately I'm only booked for two tank dives on three of the islands. Otherwise the ABC's are the way to go.

Edited by mac66
  • Thanks 1