Thermal Spa on EDGE?

BlueDevil88

Has anyone who has cruised on Th Edge used the thermal day spa?  I have had horrible customer service trying to get info as you cannot signup online for week pass as it is an 11 day cruise. Celebrity told me to call Canyon Ranch (and gave me WRONG phone number) and CR said they do all but edge.  I had to dig up another phone number and the Captain club contact knew NOTHING and had to email the ship - and failed to get useful info such as how much it would be.   So frustrating and inept.

I understand there are no massages include with a spa day pass and also understand that getting a massage doesnt't entitle you so thermal area.   Is it worth it for a day pass?   How busy does it get on Sea days?  And Port days?   I am really hoping to have a quiet relaxing space to retreat to anytime.  I was hoping to buy my mom a week pass for her birthday but no way to do so ahead of time and surprise her - "just check when you get on the ship" (never mind they are limited).  It seems maybe two one day passes would be safer than a whole week but would really appreciate ANY info on the thermal spa specifically on the EDGE.

We are sailing first week of October in Mediterranean. 

Elemis runs the spa on Edge. It’s most likely the passes online are sold out. If you go to the spa right away you will most likely be able to purchase a week long pass, but no guarantees.

We had the passes for a week cruise in the Caribbean and it was very busy in sea days but better on port days. I would think it would be less utilized in Europe where more people get off the ship, but that is only a guess. We got into a routine of going in the evenings when few people where there. It was very relaxing.

Edited by prim8keeper

We were on a B2B on the Edge.  Went into the Thermal Spa twice.   The first time there were no loungers and we walked out.

The next time we got a lounger  The loungers are also under a large slanted window and the sun beats down on you.   The other facilities are basically sitting areas that really don’t do much.   There is a steam, and hot sauna, salt block room, and a meditating room.  They recommend 20 minutes max but that is a long time in any just sitting there staring are the walls and in some cases getting overheated.  

We never went back as there were too any other nice places on the ship.   Even with two weeks we didn’t have a chance to utilize everything.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

On a recent seven day, the Thermal Spa was pretty much empty on my two visits -- first visit was a "get acquainted tour" and second visit was to actually use the sauna. 

We had only one sea day, and I did not go to the Spa that day, so I do not know if it was crowded then.

I enjoy a sauna, but it takes too much time for me (check in, shower, cook, shower, cool down) to "waste" on a ship on a port day.

We went twice on our recent European sailing. The loungers are usually the first area to be used by people and usually are full, but I entered the various saunas they have and there wasn't anyone else using them. The first time was the first day and the second time was on a sea day.