Port Canaveral New Hotel

drpeperlvr

We are cruising in April 06. You can't book via Marriott , but you can book directly with the pre-sales office of residence inn. Our price was $129 for a suite with 2 Queens and a pullout, included breakfast for all of us (5). It does not include shuttle to port, but they have a shuttle company (Cocoa Beach shuttle) who will do it for $4 pp. Still was much cheaper than the Radisson at $199 and only breakfast for 2, this one is $149 (including the private shuttle cost). The number to call is 321-323-1100. Also the website for Cocoa Beach shuttle is www.cbshuttle.com, they also had a great price for MCO to Orlando (we are a total of 9 people and lots of luggage for $120 one-way).

When in April are you cruising? We will be leaving on the Mariner April 2.

I am going to keep trying to see about getting reservations there at the Residence Inn. The message I get is that they are opening March 10. It will definately be cheaper than the Radisson.

zipmom -- thanks for the tidbit about booking the Port Canaveral Residence Inn through the pre-sales office. I am going to try that for our cruise on 1/21/06 on the Mariner. Hope we can get a price close to yours. We don't need the parking as my husband wants to park at the port and be able to go straight to the garage without dealing with a shuttle. This worked great for us in June when we just got a AAA rate at Radisson and did not do their pre-cruise special. Our DD and SIL, SIL's grandparents and our car were the first three cars let into the port for embarkation and we were among the first off the ship due to being platinium. We were on the road by aboutr 8:15 AM on disembarkation day.

It's fun to watch the hotel via the webcam.

The sales office can be reached at 321-323-1100, you probably have to call during M-F 9-5. We are traveling on the mariner on 4-16-06. I think they told me at the Residence Inn they were opening in March. FYI, I kept my reservation at the Radisson just in case (it can be cancelled up until 24 hrs before).

I did call the presales office on Monday to make reservations...they have a cruise package with a king suite. a queen pull-out in the living room, parking for those that need it, transportation to and from the port, and a full breakfast buffet for $179. I hope this helps.

The sales office can be reached at 321-323-1100, you probably have to call during M-F 9-5. We are traveling on the mariner on 4-16-06. I think they told me at the Residence Inn they were opening in March. FYI, I kept my reservation at the Radisson just in case (it can be cancelled up until 24 hrs before).

Hey Zipmom! There is a group on here on your cruise and we are all staying at the Radisson Saturday night. Drop by the rollcall and say hello!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=67624&page=59&pp=25

I'm not really sure about the differences, but the Residence Inn is brand new...opens in March, and it offers a full breakfast bar for free. I checked the prices at the Radisson, and we could get a room w/ two beds for $118. For $129 at Residence Inn, we got a suite with a living room (w/ pullout sofa), a kitchen, a separate bedroom w/two queen beds, and a bath. PLus factor in the breakfast, and its a great deal. They do charge $4pp to shuttle to the port, though, where the Radisson doesn't. This is not an issue for us, however, because we will have a rental car and will catch a shuttle at their lot (thru Budget).

I do not know anything about the Hilton.

We are going in May, so I went on and booked w/Residence Inn. I think I got a good deal for a suite. Check out their website. Also, you can book online now.

We decided to change hotels for our pre-cruise in April. I had originally planned on using our Marriott points at the Cocoa Beach Courtyard, but decided to change to the new Residence Inn. Since we are driving in from Orlando and won't get to Port Canaveral until around 5 pm, I asked my daughter if she really wanted a hotel on the beach (and then pay for breakfast in the morning) or if she could live with a hotel not on the beach and that has free breakfast. She went for the free breakfast (OK, so I'm cheap :D ). As long as there was a pool, she really didn't care.

We were able to get a king room with sofa bed using the Marriott rewards points (from the Marriott charge card that someone else recommended on this board). The Residence Inn is considered a 4 rating and the Courtyard is a 3.

bonnie

did anyone see any pics yet ? i only saw the artist drawing........ guess it will be as nice looking{pool,lobby} etc as the radisson ;) and new to boot !ºÜº huh ??? i really did want beach tho....... so neither one of these will satisfy that ! i better get surfing ;)

Check the website before booking over the telephone. I called last week and was told they only had King suites with a sofa pullout available for our date in July at $179. I went ahead and made the reservation. Today I checked the website and sure enough they were showing a suite with 2 Queen beds, which is what we need. I called the reservation office back, and he said they didn't have any of those left so I told him I was looking right at the website which showed they do have those availablities for $129/night...$50 difference. I was able to obtain reservations for the 2 Queen bed suite with breakfast for the 3 of us for $129 for the night. We will have to pay $4/person for the shuttle, or perhaps we'll take a cab if the shuttle is anything like the Radisson shuttle. At any rate (no pun intended :)) check out the rates on the website prior to booking with their direct number.

No VaMimi and suezyq50 -- thanks for the updated information about the website. Just booked a 1 bed room with 2 queens that includes hot breakfast for $99 for Jan. 20 prior to our Mariner cruise. Reserved real early -- 11 or 12 months prior to our Jewel cruise last month at a Courtyard (high season) for $71. The price went up $100 when I checked the web site a few days before we left.

Residence Inn will be good for us as my husband wants to drive to port and park so that when we disembark, we can go straight to the parking garage. We stayed at Radiisson and did this last June.

Archived