Harmony -- is the DL open early on Embarkation day

23 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

The DL is accessible 24 hours using your SeaPass card.

That's usually true but I'm picking up from folks sailing on HM that it has been closed until after the Muster Drill.  We need to use it to wait for our rooms to open.  We are two couples -- the guys sit in the DL and watch the luggage while the wives run around and get our CK dinner reservations (we're all in JSs) and then bring lunch back from the Park Cafe.  

One time on Oasis, it wasn't open early as the HD did not want it open but they relented and allowed it to be open the next time we sailed.  This is our first sailing on HM.  

There is a DL Concierge switch coming on Sunday with Elaine taking over and I'm also going to email her after she comes on board.  However, I wanted to get information from Cruise Critic folks.  

Edited by SherriZ366

I know that on the Anthem, where you also don't get your SeaPass cards until the cabins are available (because the cards are on your door and inside your cabin), you cannot open the Lounge doors.  The SetSail pass cannot do anything with the Lounge doors.

21 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I know that on the Anthem, where you also don't get your SeaPass cards until the cabins are available (because the cards are on your door and inside your cabin), you cannot open the Lounge doors.  The SetSail pass cannot do anything with the Lounge doors.

We didin't get our sea passes until we got to our Stateroom on Mariner but the DL door was basically unlocked.  The DL o MA is out of the way on deck 14 as is HM's DL which is down by the Jazz Club on deck 4.  I will email the DL concierge next week.

Sherri...I think they are propping the doors open to DL/SL until after muster.  That's the way it was on Oasis this last time.  But I know what you are talking about.  You and I were on that same cruise with Beatrice in the DL, who said the ship would not let us key in our sea pass cards to open the door until later.  Was pretty silly since all other ships we have been on had access to both DL and CL immediately on embarkation.  

Probably a moot point now anyway with no sea pass cards given out at check in.  

Edited by island lady

7 hours ago, island lady said:

Sherri...I think they are propping the doors open to DL/SL until after muster.  That's the way it was on Oasis this last time.  But I know what you are talking about.  You and I were on that same cruise with Beatrice in the DL, who said the ship would not let us key in our sea pass cards to open the door until later.  Was pretty silly since all other ships we have been on had access to both DL and CL immediately on embarkation.  

Probably a moot point now anyway with no sea pass cards given out at check in.  

Propping open the DL doors was what was done on Mariner.  So I hope they do this on HM.  The Concierge changes on Sunday (I have a friend presently on the ship) and I will email her.  If the DL isn't open, I have a Plan B -- meet at the Schooner Bar and get chairs with one or two tables, have the guys watch the luggage, then Shelton and I will get our CK reservations and bring back lunch from the Park Cafe.  Schooner might also be more convenient as CK is at the Aft Elevators as are our staterooms.  The HM DL is on deck 4 in the front of the ship.  I really miss the DL being on Deck 11.  

10 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

Propping open the DL doors was what was done on Mariner.  So I hope they do this on HM.  The Concierge changes on Sunday (I have a friend presently on the ship) and I will email her.  If the DL isn't open, I have a Plan B -- meet at the Schooner Bar and get chairs with one or two tables, have the guys watch the luggage, then Shelton and I will get our CK reservations and bring back lunch from the Park Cafe.  Schooner might also be more convenient as CK is at the Aft Elevators as are our staterooms.  The HM DL is on deck 4 in the front of the ship.  I really miss the DL being on Deck 11.  

Me too.  Can't figure why the largest ship (with usually the largest amount of upper tier C&A) would shrink down the DL to one of the smallest.  And agree...loved having it on deck 11 on Oasis, which was why I liked booking my cabin on that deck.  Easy to pop in for a Latte!  😉 Now the DL is being torn out from there also.  Sigh...  Actually still miss the original CL in that location on Oasis.  Was one of the best.  🙂 

6 minutes ago, sdude said:

I would suggest the side door that is never locked. The only other way to get in there is with SeaPass. 

Good Luck.

Thanks but where is the side door?  We also won't have our Sea Passes until we get into the stateroom and the reason I want to know if the DL is unlocked and open to D, D+ and Pinnacle is that we want a place to wait with the luggage etc. while we wait for our staterooms.

We were on Harmony in April and DL was locked on embarkation day until later in the afternoon.  No one was inside and no one was able to get in.  Even after we got our Seapass cards they did not work until later. 

We we will see if it is the same next week when we are back on Harmony. 

8 hours ago, thrifty99 said:

We were on Harmony in April and DL was locked on embarkation day until later in the afternoon.  No one was inside and no one was able to get in.  Even after we got our Seapass cards they did not work until later. 

We we will see if it is the same next week when we are back on Harmony. 

DL Lockout until after Muster is what I am hearing.   I have a friend on HM this week in the DL and he is checking.  I will probably email the Concierge also.  

I have a plan B but very inhospitable.  

Edited by SherriZ366