Fort Lauderdale Port

forwardho

My DH and another couple will be on a Tropical/ Eastern fourteen days cruise that returns to Fort Lauderdale midway so those that are just taking one of the 7 days can disembark and allowing those who booked just the last 7 days embark. My question is if we want to get off and take a taxi or Uber to the beach for the day, do we have to go through the lines again when we board the ship or would it be just like any other port and just show our cards to board? 

8 hours ago, forwardho said:

My DH and another couple will be on a Tropical/ Eastern fourteen days cruise that returns to Fort Lauderdale midway so those that are just taking one of the 7 days can disembark and allowing those who booked just the last 7 days embark. My question is if we want to get off and take a taxi or Uber to the beach for the day, do we have to go through the lines again when we board the ship or would it be just like any other port and just show our cards to board? 

Once boarding is allowed for new guests, you can return to the ship bypassing the check-in lines, but you cannot bypass the port security lines.

10 hours ago, forwardho said:

For the most part, for you it will be like another port day.  You’ll have a special card to show so that you can skip the embarkation lines and just board again but...

You will need to go through customs/immigration (whichever the right term is) at FLL port as all the other passengers do when you disembark.  You’ll receive a letter with special instructions since you will be continuing on the cruise for the turnaround day.  You may or may not have to go to the second muster/lifeboat drill.

In the letter you get the last full day of the first segment, you will be given "In Transit" cards that you will show when you are ready to get back on the ship.  No one can get back on the ship until the ship is down to "zero" count.

Be certain that you take your passports with you as you will need to show them as you pass through immigration before you leave the terminal.