Mobility Challenged Bathtub Issue

fltmlovestravel

27 minutes ago, fltmlovestravel said:

Has anyone ever stayed in a mini-suite on any Princess ship that required either a seat or modified shower head?  My husband does not need an accessible cabin; however a portable seat with a shower wand would help him tremendously.

I cannot answer your question, but a call to a Princess' Special Needs representative can surely help. I am sorry but I do not have their phone number. However, I have this email <shaase@princesscruises.com> from about 5 months ago that I used to request to bring a our heating pads on board. If you send your sailing confirmation number, ship and sail date I suspect Mr Haase can direct your email to the proper place.

Doug

DW does not need a chair, but she has a problem with stepping in and out of the shower in tub. For that reason, we no longer book a mini-suite on Princess - we book either a full suite (with separate tub and walk-in shower) or a balcony (with small walk-in shower), and we always specify no upgrade.

If you are on the royal class ships like the royal, the showerhead in the nini suite is on a hose that you can pull down.  You can request a bath seat for the tub which you should do ahead of time.   I used to do that until I had a bad experience of a provided seat which belonged in the garbage as it was defective, old and in horrible shape so it was an accident waiting to happen.  Thankfully on that particular cruise we spent time in London before hand and since the hotel did not have bath seats available, we took one with us.  Since then I purchased a bath stool instead of a bath bench, both of which can be taken apart and assembled without the need of a screwdriver and packs easily into our checked luggage.   If you want to discuss further details of getting in and out of the tub, please feel free to email me at  Soaring2005 at yahoo dot ca

sandy

• 2 weeks later...