RCCL Nassau Excursions

ariesknowbest

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wish there was more activity on this or any other RCCL Nassau excursion thread.  We have that horrible 2 p.m. arrival time at Nassau, and RCCL still hasn’t loaded any excursion options for us on their site.  I know we have a long time before our cruise, but I sure would like to have an idea of what’s available for us after 2 p.m.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/4/2019 at 8:27 PM, MississippiMom said:

I wish there was more activity on this or any other RCCL Nassau excursion thread.  We have that horrible 2 p.m. arrival time at Nassau, and RCCL still hasn’t loaded any excursion options for us on their site.  I know we have a long time before our cruise, but I sure would like to have an idea of what’s available for us after 2 p.m.

I’m also on a RCCL cruise in Feb with that horrible 2:00 pm time.  There’s not a lot in the RCCL excursions. Anything that’s a beach day is out. There are a few water-based things like speed boat ride and things that that are 30 to 60 minutes and a few other things that just don’t interest me. Have no idea what we’re going to do that day. Probably walk around near the port and maybe go to the queen staircase during daylight hours and then may even just get back on the ship by five when it seems like everything except the nightlife is closing down. Don’t know if we’ll feel safe after dark on our own. (Two single women.)

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 2:07 PM, Lbicklel said:

I’m also on a RCCL cruise in Feb with that horrible 2:00 pm time.  There’s not a lot in the RCCL excursions. Anything that’s a beach day is out. There are a few water-based things like speed boat ride and things that that are 30 to 60 minutes and a few other things that just don’t interest me. Have no idea what we’re going to do that day. Probably walk around near the port and maybe go to the queen staircase during daylight hours and then may even just get back on the ship by five when it seems like everything except the nightlife is closing down. Don’t know if we’ll feel safe after dark on our own. (Two single women.)

I understand.  We will be on a multi-generational family reunion cruise, and I don't mean to be a worrier, but I'm not convinced those 80 and over or those under 19 should venture out for the Nassau nightlife.  However, I fully expect the 20 & 30-somethings to party it up at a bar or dance club, after all, we are in Nassau from 2 p.m. - midnight.

Then there's the whole dinner issue.  We are all scheduled for early dinner seating, because of the younger children, but not sure how it will work when we are in port in Nassau.  Will most folks eat at a local restaurant?  Or come back on the ship for a meal and then leave again? 

I don't mind Nassau as a port, but I HATE, HATE, HATE the time frame of 2 p.m. - midnight.

We did the seahorse sail and snorkel 2 years ago. It was a mix of rccl, carnival, and ncl passengers. We were picked up on the same dock the ship was on. 

It was my wife, daughter, and I. 

Overall it was enjoyable. 

We sailed through the port and the guides pointed out interesting things along the way. We anchored on a small reef with 3-4 other boats. Each boat carried around 100 people I’d say. 

We were able to spread out so it never felt crowded. We say lots of colorful fish, stingrays, and one huge barracuda. 

After an hour of snorkeling we boarded the sailboat and toured the islands. The water was so clear and the scenery was nice. 

They had free drinks on board that were simple rum punch’s and whatnot. 

The sail back to port took about an hour. 

They drop you outside the cruise port area forcing you to make your way down bay street to the straw market to return to the ship. 

This was in July so it was really hot out. 

For the price I think it was worth it. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/14/2019 at 12:19 PM, scott2165 said:

We did the seahorse sail and snorkel 2 years ago. It was a mix of rccl, carnival, and ncl passengers. We were picked up on the same dock the ship was on. 

It was my wife, daughter, and I. 

Overall it was enjoyable. 

We sailed through the port and the guides pointed out interesting things along the way. We anchored on a small reef with 3-4 other boats. Each boat carried around 100 people I’d say. 

We were able to spread out so it never felt crowded. We say lots of colorful fish, stingrays, and one huge barracuda. 

After an hour of snorkeling we boarded the sailboat and toured the islands. The water was so clear and the scenery was nice. 

They had free drinks on board that were simple rum punch’s and whatnot. 

The sail back to port took about an hour. 

They drop you outside the cruise port area forcing you to make your way down bay street to the straw market to return to the ship. 

This was in July so it was really hot out. 

For the price I think it was worth it. 

How long was the whole thing? Thanks!