Bar Harbor - Acadia National Park & Lobster Bake Tour Operator

CBRad929

Has anyone done the Arcadia National Park & Lobster Bake?  Specifically Im trying to find out:

1)  Who the tour operator for driving portion is?

2)  Is there a restroom on the bus?

My father had surgery last month and unfortunately hes still having complications where he needs to use the restroom frequently.  I tried speaking with the NCL Shore Excursion number, they could tell me that yes there was a restroom on the bus, but not who the tour operator was.   My concern is if the restroom isnt working on the bus its a no go for my father(sorry for the pun).  Another concern is that we pre-paid for this excursion online.  The NCL excursion person told me that we have up till 48 hours to cancel a tour, but Bar Harbor is the first stop, less than 24 hours after we board.  He said that we could talk to the excursion desk onboard to get more details about who the operator was, but im concerned about the timing if we need to cancel in the event a restroom isnt available.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

OK there are only a few tour operators allowed in the National Park I found this on Trip Advisor

https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductReview-g60709-d16749247-Narrated_Bus_Tour_of_Bar_Harbor_and_Acadia_National_Park_2_5_Hours-Bar_Harbor_Mount.html

The NCL tour with clam bake says it starts with the bus tour and ends with a lobster bake adding about an hour to the tour.

We used Ollie's Trolley for our tour of the park and there are no restrooms on them - but there are restrooms at Cadillac Mountain but no other place. 

I would not bet on the NCL rep knowing there is a restroom on the bus. 

I did a similar tour in 2018 - tender to dock - waited about 30 minutes for the tour to get organized.

We had two buses on this tour - approximately 100-110 guests - both buses same company.

No pix company name or details other than it was a Motor Coach and not a school bus !

Boarded bus drove a dozen blocks to a the Bar Harbor Club for a sit down lobster dinner

(rest room facilities certainly available) - after about 45 minutes to an hour back on the bus

(sorry can't comment on any rest room availability) we made a few photo opt stops and again

no rest room comments bus tour went almost all around Desert Island (Bar Harbor is on an island).

Did not stop at Cadillac Mt.

Tour lasted about 2 hours returning to the dock/pier for tender back to ship. Rest rooms available

at the pier/dock pavilion. Our tender position in the harbor made for a ten minute trip. We used

deck 4 for the access to the ship - closest rest rooms available on deck 6.

That is about as helpful as I can get.

Tour taken by bonvoyagie is different from the one I had.

I believe that NCL had some 5 or 6 shore excursions offered and of course the usual disclaimer YMMV !

Hi all,

Thanks for the responses!  I think im going to try and go and figure this out from the other side, call a few of the tour operators in Bar Harbor and see if they have any information in regards to the same "itinerary".  Ill report back if I find anything out.  Worst case scenario, we may cancel on embarkation.

Thanks again!

When we did the C/NE tour on the Dawn this May & tendered ashore at Bar Harbor, we also saw that NCL's chartered buses for tours, parked in a designated lot right next to the pier and they are equipped with onboard restrooms.  I don't recall seeing restrooms at the small cruise pier for the tenders.  There are restaurants next to the pier & nearby and should have restrooms (probably for "customers" use only.)  

Question is how often will OP's dad be needing to use restroom facilities ?  The tender boat transfer including wait time to board & once docked at BH pier, to get on land will take 30+ minutes.  I would think & like to believe that the bus operator/driver will check for working toilet on the buses being driven.  

Among the largest Acadia NP tour operators, including the one mentioned above (ACP Tours, Inc. and Oli's Trolley) all used converted/upgraded school buses with oversized glass windows for viewing, but neither has onboard restrooms.  

The other suggestion, as we've dealt with different situation in recent past with our dearest SIL when she was still able to travel ... in between aggressive chemo tx but gradually worsening last year, is to bring along adult diapers and to use them as necessary, for those "emergencies" - pack some wipes & extra tissues and disposal bags, etc.   We/I knew then, each trip that we took her along could likely be - sadly - one of her last one and we tried to plan & deal with obstacles.  Speak to his PCP / care team about options & resources if the upcoming cruise is important to him.  Good luck and wish him well.  

Thanks @mking8288!

I managed to find a few recent cruise youtube videos that showed brief pictures of the chartered buses with their company logos (Cyr Bus Line and I think MCATOUR).  I contacted Cyr and let them know the date/time/duration of the excursion and they were able to send my information to the private tour operator(not ACP or Oli's).

The tour operator called me back and was able to confirm they had buses that day for the Gem and gave me additional information (Yes they have restrooms!  🙂  and the names of the tour guides for assistance and which buses to board.  He also gave me his contact cell if there was any issues).

Thanks again for assistance everyone!