RCL Sydney to Singapore in April

Tishntez

Hi 

Thinking of doing the RCL Voyager of the Seas repositioning cruise from Sydney to Singapore in April 2020.  Has anyone been on this or similar cruise and if so would you recommend it?  Is there enough entertainment on seeing as there are a fair few sea days and is the food good?

I appreciate that we can’t predict the weather but is it generally warm enough - travelling from Ireland so anything above 20 degrees is “warm enough”.   We get more than enough rain here so is this a dryer or rainy season time of year?

Also, the ship travels up the Aussie east coast before heading over to Singapore - how rough or rocky is the sea generally there. I’ve done the Mediterranean before and barely noticed the boat move. 

Ps I sailed on the Norwegian Epic but haven’t experienced Royal Caribbean.  

Many thanks 

I have done that cruise with HAL and also as far as Bali doing a half circumnavigation of Oz. Both times the seas were calm. April is pretty much the end of the cyclone season but ships are able to skirt them well enough. You'll have a warmish cruise as you are heading into the tropics. Expect every day will be over 20c, even in Sy6dney. You'll have a great cruise.

Voyager is a older ship but is getting big make over right now.

Royal Caribbean is much the same as Norwegian.

Repositioning cruises are usually good value but can be under staffed and a bit light on entertainment.

most of the trip you will be in fairly protected waters such as the barrier reef.

We haven't cruised to Singapore on the Voyager but have on Diamond Princess in March/April 2015. It is probably the best cruise we have done. We love sea days and our favourite part was cruising through the Great Barrier Reef. We had calm seas all the way to Singapore, ports were Brisbane, Airlie Beach, Darwin, Bali and the port for Ho Chi Minh City and then onto Singapore. The further north you go it will be warmer and more humid.

Leigh