Norwegian Upgrade Option

marcic72

Hello,

My family and I are cruising on the Escape in November and received the upgrade offer.  We are currently booked in a a mid-ship minisuite so the offer is to be upgraded to the Haven.  What is considered a decent bid?  We got a great deal on our minisuite so I don't want to offer too much more and I understand the bid is doubled to account for 2 people.  I am thinking $250-$300 so it would only be an addition $500-$600 but not sure they would even consider that.  Any advice?  We are happy with our current cabin so it would be a bonus at that price but not sure it's worth much more of an upcharge.

Thanks.

If that's an amount you're comfortable with, you might as well bid. As for your odds - hard to tell as a lot of factors go in. I would think how large of a % that $600 is to the outright cost to upgrade would be an indicator. ie If it would cost you $3000 to upgrade I'm guessing the $600 won't be enough, but if it's only $1500 maybe $600 is a more reasonable bid. 

Best advice is not to worry about whether your bid will be accepted  or not, and bid what YOU think is what you would want to pay for the better cabin.  In other words, offer up the max you would be willing to pay on top of what you  have paid already.  No use worrying about  whether it is accepted or denied.  You have a cabin you like, so an unsuccessful bid doesn't harm you in any way.