Special Occasions

sasset

2 minutes ago, sasset said:

When you list a special occasion, birthday, anniversary, etc. in your reservation does that show up at the hostess station when you are being seated?

Thanks

Unfortunately, Not always.  We tend not to mention any "special occasion" when making our reservations.  In discussions, over the years, with various guests, this topic has arisen and the results seem to be very inconsistent.  

If it is important, to you, I would mention it (before the event in question) to whomever you think appropriate.  It may vary according to your cabin/stateroom assignment.  It could be the Dining Room Manager, Concierge Services, Butler, Guest Services, Food/Beverage Manager, Hotel Director.  If you are successful in receiving an acceptable level of accommodation, please be sure to mention the good accommodation provided, by whomever, in the Post-Cruise Survey.

NRayH

• Like 1

Same advise from us. 25th anniversary and we made sure there were banners on the wall in the cabin to drop even more of a hint. We made sure that we told the manager of the Fine Cut Steakhouse when we called in to request a specific area to sit and when talking to customer services (she telephoned to ask if we were happy on the cruise) I dropped it in to conversation. We got a cake at the FCS (very nice) and another one with a bottle of wine from customer services. If we hadn't mentioned it I don't think we would have received anything.

Having said that, the 2 small cakes and the wine were appreciated :-)