Venice Hotel Post Cruise & transportation

CruisinNewb

Hi all. I'm looking for recommendations for a hotel for 2 nights post cruise in Venice. Family of 4: me, my wife and my 2 20 something year old daughters.

We are staying pre cruise in Barcelona in an apartment/hotel. Do they have anything similar in Venice or are we better off getting 2 hotel rooms?

We probably will have a lot of luggage which I know can be difficult with navigating through Venice.

What is the best method for transport from ship to hotel and then hotel to airport?

Thanks for all the help.

• 2 weeks later...

With that size party I would water taxi just about anywhere... to hotel, and hotel to airport. The cost works out pretty well spread across larger parties with luggage. Lots of hotels mentioned on this board. We liked the Hilton Stucky Molino...water taxi dock less than 100 feet from the front door.

2 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

With that size party I would water taxi just about anywhere... to hotel, and hotel to airport. The cost works out pretty well spread across larger parties with luggage. Lots of hotels mentioned on this board. We liked the Hilton Stucky Molino...water taxi dock less than 100 feet from the front door.

Agreed it is timeless 4 people is almost break even to do dock to dock, get a private boat and the experience is amazing!

Edited by chipmaster