VISA's for Australia & New Zealand (Viking Orion)

Frenchberet

I am a US citizen and understand that I need to get an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) for Australia and an ETA or e-visa waiver for New Zealand.  Viking is offering this service through Generations VISA Service for $125 per person USD.  I did some research and found I can do this online via the official websites for Australia ($14 USD) and New Zealand ($30 USD),  total $44 USD.  Has anyone done it online and did you have any problems traveling?  Just want to be sure I'm not being foolish trying to save a few bucks.  Appreciate any help, thanks!

Whether you apply online yourself, or pay GenVisa to apply on your behalf will not impact you when you travel. You do not require to submit passports, as on entry, the Immigration Agent will see your eTA on his/her screen when they scan your passport.

The NZ eTA is new (starts next month), so haven't applied for that one yet. Applied for Australia about 4 years ago, probably took 15 - 20 mins for both of us.

9 hours ago, Frenchberet said:

I am a US citizen and understand that I need to get an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) for Australia and an ETA or e-visa waiver for New Zealand.  Viking is offering this service through Generations VISA Service for $125 per person USD.  I did some research and found I can do this online via the official websites for Australia ($14 USD) and New Zealand ($30 USD),  total $44 USD.  Has anyone done it online and did you have any problems traveling?  Just want to be sure I'm not being foolish trying to save a few bucks.  Appreciate any help, thanks!

EasyETA for Australia is 9.95 US.

I got both online and had no problems. My husband and I each received an email within a short time with confirmation and info. Both are automatically linked to your passport, though I will carry the documentation (email confirmation) with me.

I would definitely NOT pay for the service. Both are quite simple and straightforward on line. As posted above you can do both in well under 30 minutes. Probably about the same amount of time it would take to sign up for the visa service!