GTY cabin question

Lolou127

Morning everyone, we’ve just booked our first X cruise, in a GTY Sky suite 2 cabin on the Constellation, this was our only option as the last 2 numbered cabins had just been booked, I understand that we could be placed in an accessible SS2 cabin, but my question is if I notice numbered cabins become available( because of a canx or upgrade) can I call and ask to be allocated to that cabin? or might that happen automatically by celebrity? Or can I ask for a note to be placed on our booking requesting that to happen or because I’ve booked GTY am I precluded?

3 hours ago, Lolou127 said:

Morning everyone, we’ve just booked our first X cruise, in a GTY Sky suite 2 cabin on the Constellation, this was our only option as the last 2 numbered cabins had just been booked, I understand that we could be placed in an accessible SS2 cabin, but my question is if I notice numbered cabins become available( because of a canx or upgrade) can I call and ask to be allocated to that cabin? or might that happen automatically by celebrity? Or can I ask for a note to be placed on our booking requesting that to happen or because I’ve booked GTY am I precluded?

No..   you cannot, unless you want to change your booking and pay the going rate for choosing that cabin. Once your  GTY cabin is assigned you can call and change it to another one in the  same category

20 minutes ago, Glendakayself said:

You can then call and ask to be assigned any other cabin available in the category you were assigned.

While this is generally permissible for North American bookings; bookings made in Europe do not have this option.