A different coffee card question

tere247

On occasion, my husband will go to the international cafe (or the buffet) to bring back to the cabin, a free brewed coffee for me and a free decaf for him.  

If we both get the new coffee “card”, will they allow him to do this if he shows both his medallion as well as mine and I am not with him?  

If I’m reading, I may not want to leave the comfort of my balcony.  I’m asking because we’ll be on the Crown with their nasty syrup coffee. 

I’m thinking they won’t allow this. I guess I’ll just have him get a specialty coffee for me and a regular decaf for him. 

Did I just answer my own question?

9 minutes ago, tere247 said:

On occasion, my husband will go to the international cafe (or the buffet) to bring back to the cabin, a free brewed coffee for me and a free decaf for him.  

If we both get the new coffee “card”, will they allow him to do this if he shows both his medallion as well as mine and I am not with him?  

If I’m reading, I may not want to leave the comfort of my balcony.  I’m asking because we’ll be on the Crown with their nasty syrup coffee. 

I’m thinking they won’t allow this. I guess I’ll just have him get a specialty coffee for me and a regular decaf for him. 

I never had an issue on any cruise line including Princess with getting DW a soda or cocktail   when we both had a soda card. If you both get the coffee card it shouldn't be a problem getting two 2 cups with both medallions.

Edited by Iamcruzin

The spouse and I do that all of the time (with the "soda and more" package) and never had a problem. Just take your cruise card or in your case, medallion to the counter and show the staff them and order.

On our last cruise we had the medallion, and when I ordered, the staff asked my room number and name.......and on the I-Pad that they carried around they typed that information in it and could see that we both had the "soda and more" package. 

So, based on my experience, I don't think you will have a problem. YMMV

2 hours ago, tere247 said:

With the medallions, and for that matter the non medallion account system, they can see that you both have coffee cards.  Our typical practice is for me to go down to the International Cafe quite early, do my emails, read a chapter or three and then go up to the cabin with a couple of teas later to enjoy on the balcony.  I have yet to be asked for my wife's information.  You will be more than likely fine with your plan.