courtyard penthouse h5 with 3 adults

luckyinpa

this is a christmas cruise on bliss

all the forwards are sold out so they arent an option. ive watched many vids of the h5 and it seems about the size of a normal hotel room but im' a bit nervous with 3 in there.  so who's done it?

any comments on the comfort of the sofa bed would be appreciated too. i did find one pic from another ship of one open but any other pics would be cool. i saw what the wardrobe looks like to hang your clothes but it doesnt look like there are traditional drawers to put things in. 

also we only do carryons so wondering if cabins are ready before the restaurant opens for lunch

On 9/21/2019 at 10:12 AM, drvmywifecrzy said:

3 people is tight in a H5 unless #3 is a child under 10.  The chair turns into a "bed" and is not the most comfortable thing in the world

turns out i think i'm nominated to be on the sofa 8 nites because of this being so low and mobility issues of the 3rd party . i found a pic from a Breakaway suite and i assume bliss is exactly the same. ill just have to suffer through it in order to enjoy the haven and the perks.  hopefully no one else decides to do a christmas cruise this year 🙂  the good news is i fall asleep soon as i hit the pillow so the others gotta hear my snoring, not me. ive also heard you can ask for eggcrates. 

bliss h5  bed open sofa.jpg

We have just returned from the Joy in  a Haven Courtyard Penthouse, which is pretty similar to the Bliss set-up. The "sofa' which pulls out is really an oversize chair so depending on how tall the 3rd person is it may not be a problem. With the Haven lounge and Observation area we really spent very little time in the room. The Observation lounge was my favorite location to sit and read( we were in alaska so not a lot of time relaxing on the balcony).

thankfully i'm short 5 7 but i'm um...we will call it big boned and muscular..yea..thats it. so i guess if i need more padding the egg crates will do. are there lights under the nite tables. i thought i saw in one pic or video a blue hue. ill def need a light of some kind to negotiate between the chair and the bed to get up in the middle of the nite. 

also are there AC outlets or USB next to the bed on my sofa side (i do like to see what time it is and use my phone app to have a dim LED big clock on the phone but it has to be on all night and sucks up the battery)

so im back and forth on this. even though i got some opinions that the single sofa bed wouldn't be too bad for me. part of me says just get 2 mini's for 900 cheaper than the courtyard cabin.

while i get along great with my gfs mom, it just seems a bit crowded to stuff into the courtyard room 3 adults. but the numbers guy in me says 900 for all the perks of haven is probably worth it. then ive heard others say the haven is too crowded at christmas and not worth it. so really..depends on the day of the week what i think is best.

On 9/23/2019 at 2:21 PM, sydmike said:

We have just returned from the Joy in  a Haven Courtyard Penthouse, which is pretty similar to the Bliss set-up. The "sofa' which pulls out is really an oversize chair so depending on how tall the 3rd person is it may not be a problem. With the Haven lounge and Observation area we really spent very little time in the room. The Observation lounge was my favorite location to sit and read( we were in alaska so not a lot of time relaxing on the balcony).

im still agonizing over the decision between this and 2 mini suites.  i think what you are saying would be very true if i got this room . id def wanna be out of it as much as possible enjoying haven etc. but from other reports haven is not really haven on christmas week and that not really an escape from the crowds since they are IN haven too. i am an early riser and the other 2 arent so id get off the sofa and get ready and 'escape' i guess. they could use the cell phone to find me. 

We were in an H5 on Bliss and truly enjoyed it. Only 2 of us but I think I can address some of your concerns/questions:

- the side of the bed that the pull out chair was on had the outlet; the side by the bathroom did not. 

- the balcony on deck 17 was much larger than 18- with 3 in the room, I would aim for deck 17.

- the bar only has like 6 seats, but there were always servers walking around on the decks, in the lounge, etc. It was NEVER difficult to get a drink. 

- as an early riser, we enjoyed going to the horizon lounge and helping ourselves to a cappuccino and a espresso each morning with a small plate of fruit. That way we could watch us dock from a nice point of view.

- i felt like the deck was adequately sized (but we weren't over Christmas, and were in Alaska (probably seating for 100 outside between lounges, small beds, bar stools, hot tubs, etc)

- breakfast was our favorite meal in the lounge- a very calming way to start the day, and never crowded. The one day we didn't get a window seat they apologized profusely... it wasn't a big deal to us. 

- The restaurant has outdoor seating, which i imagine would be lovely for breakfast, before the deck got too loud with the main pool activities.

- you'll probably have more kids than we did, but the horizon lounge would be boring for them. They want to be in the pool, playing laser tag, etc. so I think you can definitely have that oasis. But maybe I'm totally off base. 

We haven't been on NCL recently without the Haven, but based on the crowds, the hustle to book specialty dining, etc. we probably wouldn't book an NCL cruise without the Haven. But that's just us, based on our priorities. 

TY For the outlet thing. its not critical to know but i do like to know ! and i promise many detailed pics of the room if i get it. 

the perspective on the lounge being boring for kids is something i had not seen on this forum before.  im not a pool person so dont care if the haven pond is full but i gotta admit i liked the hot tubs on BA in there. why they only have one on bliss is a mystery to me. i guess because there's one outside too.

ive seen videos of the H5 but none had that great a view of the pass thru closet.  would you deem it adequate for 3 adults. 

you mentioned specialty dining.  im assuming that would be a smart thing to book immediately upon arriving in the lounge the 1st day because i'm sure all online good spots are gone by now. 

i also was thinking haven to have my gf and her mom feel special and pampered. my gf works her butt off at work. sometimes 16 hours on the days people call out.  and i thought this could make them feel special. but im still nervous about being sandwiched in there with both them. from all i see the cabin really is designed for 2. 2 towel bars etc. and her mom and i are the ones that snore so at least i wont be the odd man out. 

i wish the aft wasnt 11k but thats an insane price we cannot do. id book without hesitation. and the H5 is only about 1000 more than 2 minis and i just wanna make sure i'm not suffering on the sofa bed and not getting the 1000 worth of perks i paid for 🙂