Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
twoflyers

Brightline to the Port of Miami

Recommended Posts

Has anyone taken the Brightline from West Palm Beach to the Port of Miami?

They offer a train to port service on their website and I would be interested in hearing about the experience.

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've taken it a bunch from Fort Lauderdale to WPB and from Fort Lauderdale to Miami but not to the Port of Miami.

 

The stations are just like going through a very small, immaculate airport.  The trains are spotless luxury rides.

 

Full bar in the stations and on the trains.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did this recently! Ask me anything...

 

We were in Select (business) class going south and standard (smart) going north.

The trickiest part was parking at West Palm Beach and figuring out how to get the free stay. Are you planning to park? It is in a building across from the station.

You also have to install the Lyft App.

Fortunately there are Brightline folks at the entrance to assist you. And parking attendants on the floors to help. But you MUST install the PayByPhone app on your phone in order to get the free parking (using the voucher from your train ticket).

 

The train and everything about it is wonderful. A very positive and happy experience.

When you arrive at Miami, order your Lyft ride then escalator down  and walk out of the north entrance and you will see huge signs for Lyft at the entrance. Your driver will be there.

It is only 6-10 minutes to the Port!

 

Highly recommended!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Joe, forgot to add that the staff are really helpful and nice!  

 

It's an anomaly in South Florida customer service!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, twoflyers said:

Has anyone taken the Brightline from West Palm Beach to the Port of Miami?

They offer a train to port service on their website and I would be interested in hearing about the experience.

 

Thanks!

We are taking Brightline from West Palm to Miami early next year. Right now the train only goes to The a Miami station by government center. This station is about a 10 minute ride to the port. The offer includes a Lyft ride to the POM.   I emailed Brightline  about the train to port one way but they only run the service round trip. Hope this helps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SteerageJoe said:

I did this recently! Ask me anything...

 

We were in Select (business) class going south and standard (smart) going north.

The trickiest part was parking at West Palm Beach and figuring out how to get the free stay. Are you planning to park? It is in a building across from the station.

You also have to install the Lyft App.

Fortunately there are Brightline folks at the entrance to assist you. And parking attendants on the floors to help. But you MUST install the PayByPhone app on your phone in order to get the free parking (using the voucher from your train ticket).

 

The train and everything about it is wonderful. A very positive and happy experience.

When you arrive at Miami, order your Lyft ride then escalator down  and walk out of the north entrance and you will see huge signs for Lyft at the entrance. Your driver will be there.

It is only 6-10 minutes to the Port!

 

Highly recommended!

 

It sounds like you booked the Cruise to Port package? It looks like the parking for that package is only for 15 days max. I need 22 days...  I will call and find out what the deal is if you ride Select. In the amenities it says FREE PARKING. But then elsewhere it says "one day" free parking....

 

Also, do you park and then schlep your bags to the station? Or is there a baggage drop before parking?

Edited by CruiszBug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CruiszBug said:

 

It sounds like you booked the Cruise to Port package? It looks like the parking for that package is only for 15 days max. I need 22 days...  I will call and find out what the deal is if you ride Select. In the amenities it says FREE PARKING. But then elsewhere it says "one day" free parking....

 

Also, do you park and then schlep your bags to the station? Or is there a baggage drop before parking?

 

I used the word FREE instead of INCLUDED! 

Yes parking is FREE when doing a 1-day return trip on Brightline ($8 a day on the SMART package) when on the SELECT package.

 

I believe the cruise package discounts the parking to $5 a day instead of $8. So you pay for parking but still a great deal.

 

We paid extra for the one-way upgrade to SELECT at checkin because I wanted to experience the difference and they were nice to us! Otherwise the upgrade is both ways only.

 

Yes, drop your luggage at checkin before parking because we did not see any porters (maybe I missed them?) You may have to drop a passenger too or perhaps ask one of the check-in staff to keep an eye on your bags.

 

I parked on the 11th floor because my truck is too big and those spaces are tiny! Every floor has a handfull of larger spots but those were all taken on lower floors.

 

There is an elevator on every floor and we took that down to ground level, then walked across the road to checkin.

I did not see any special procedures for luggage handling other than dealing with it yourself.

 

About the parking APP. Do not worry about it until you are in the lounge. Then you ask a staff member to assist you if needed. You just need your voucher code (check your email) and car registration number. That's it! Very easy once you can navigate the APP.

 

As I wrote yesterday, we LOVED every minute of the trip. Did not want the ride to end! The lemongrass aroma in the stations, the cleanliness, the Italian drinks (beer and wine), the smiling staff. Everything.

 

And Miami Station is great for breakfast before you head to the ship! It's like you're in Paris or Europe somewhere!

 

Edited by SteerageJoe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The parking is actually listed as $8 per day but $12 for overnight on the website (which would be $252 + one free night for 22 days). I think I will call today and find out the scoop! Thank you for your detailed info, it is appreciated!

Edited by CruiszBug
correct math

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

 

Thank you so much for all this information, SO helpful.  As a result:

1/  We will do a "dry run" to check out the parking so as not to run into a problem the "day of".

2/  Had no idea of the $5.00 a day for parking, so not as great a deal, but not a deal breaker.

3/  Thanks for the app info, I have Lyft, but will need to add "Pay by Phone".

4/  Looking forward to a great ride to begin the celebration of our 25th wedding anniversary!!

 

Thanks again and smooth sailing for all!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...