Carnival pride premium balcony advice please

pearle1

Hello ~ I am going on a cruise in April with my husband on carnival pride ~ we have a extended balcony ~ and in looking a “premium balcony “ is now available 8235 ~ the additional cost would be 300$ total .  I’ve never been in the premium balcony ~ just wondering if that is worth it ~ or stay with the extended balcony .  Thank you ! 

I am a self-professed fan of the 9A/B/C cabins.  $300 over an extended is, in my opinion, worth it.  The cabin is more spacious and the balcony easily accommodates two chairs, a lounger and small table with room to spare.

The only downside is the location of your choice; being right under the Lido deck, you can occasionally hear some noise from above.  In my opinion, the upside is your choice is my preferred cabin configuration (8235/7299/6277) as their "sisters" next door (8237/7301/6279) are quad capacity and configured (in my opinion) oddly.

My go-to 9B on Spirt class ships is 7299.

Edited by KevInPitt

Thank you for the opinion ~ very helpful.  I just did the math, and it is actually 280$ more (not 300) ~ which I know is only 20$ difference.  I am tempted just for something different to try,  but I am just trying to see if it is really worth it to spend the extra $$.  I do appreciate opinions/advice.  very helpful!

1 hour ago, pearle1 said:

Thank you for the opinion ~ very helpful.  I just did the math, and it is actually 280$ more (not 300) ~ which I know is only 20$ difference.  I am tempted just for something different to try,  but I am just trying to see if it is really worth it to spend the extra $$.  I do appreciate opinions/advice.  very helpful!

Just to drive the point home on pricing from a sample sailing with interior / balcony square footage:

Extended Balcony (185 / 60)           $837pp

Premium Balcony (230 / 85)            $984pp ($147pp more than EB for 70sqft more)

Ocean Suite (275 / 85)                    $1,209pp ($225pp more than PB for 45sq ft more)

As long as you avoid (again, in my opinion) Deck 4 (definitely) and Deck 8 (if you can), you can't go wrong.

Edited by KevInPitt

I just watched all videos ~ I do like the configuraton of the carnival legend 8235 over the carnival miracle 7301 ~ (thanks for the comparison KevlnPitt)  ~  We will be on the pride, and there is only one available , which is deck 8, but I decided to give it a try! (Deck 7 not available)  I believe the configuration should be like the one on the legend. Thank you all so much!! 

3 minutes ago, helene109 said:

I am looking into a Premium for the Pride next year too as we are just off the Valor with a regular balcony.

how many premiums are there on this ship? Thanks 

10.  2 each on Decks 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8.  Those on Deck 4 should be avoided in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, KevInPitt said:

10.  2 each on Decks 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8.  Those on Deck 4 should be avoided in my opinion.

Thanks and those are worse than the ones under the Lido deck? We were under the arcade 2 weeks ago and we kept hearing pac man and there was no pac man game!!

9 minutes ago, helene109 said:

Thanks and those are worse than the ones under the Lido deck? We were under the arcade 2 weeks ago and we kept hearing pac man and there was no pac man game!!

Yes (in my opinion) avoid Dec 4 first and Deck 8 second. 

Technically there are only 8 premium balcony cabins as those on Deck 4 have no balcony so I may have been a bit misleading (unintentionally, of course).

With Deck 8, there can be noise from above.  Of course, we noticed it most overnight when things are super quiet but it wasn't bang-yakkity-bang.... just a noticeable occasional rumbling that was likely carts rolling in the Pizza Pirate kitchen which is directly above.  If you are super light sleeper or acutely attuned to exterior noise, avoid Deck 8.

Edited by KevInPitt

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, helene109 said:

Are there any extended balcony videos? Thanks 

Looks like there is one for 7260 on cruisedeckplans,com. (Note that 7260 is an "accessible" cabin.) For example, 7258 is laid out like all the balcony cabins. However, its balcony is 3 times longer than the standard balcony and 2 feet deeper.