Ovation - 5 Night Dining Package

CCC's

I would like to purchase the 5 Night Dining Package on Ovation cruise 13

November 2019 - Sydney / New Zealand / Sydney.  The current cost is AU$172.55.     Is it possible that I would get a better deal on embarkation day?   Any advice would be appreciated.

Edited by CCC's
wrong date

If anything, you get some better deals by booking early online as they have more specials. Onboard, packages are usually full price.

Sometimes you can get good deals for single restaurants if they're quiet, but that's pot luck, and not the same as a multiple package.

10 hours ago, CCC's said:

November 2019 - Sydney / New Zealand / Sydney.  The current cost is AU$172.55.     Is it possible that I would get a better deal on embarkation day?   Any advice would be appreciated.

I would buy it if you want it.

Thats $32 a day that’s not bad. If it does come down between now and then all you have to do is cancel and rebook.no questions asked and the balance will be refunded.

I doubt you will get that price onboard as the specialty dining is popular with Americans and there’s lots on Ovation.

Also if you buy it before departure gratuity is included.

If you buy it onboard they hit you with %18 gratuity and it’s $US

Edited by Chiliburn

I am on an Ovation cruise leaving 20th October. My cruise planner is currently saying $172 for the 5 night package, but when you actually select your time, it comes down to $163. Worth doing a dummy booking to see if this is the case for your cruise, it becomes even better value then. Generally just the 3 night package onboard sells for $99 USD plus 18% gratuity, so when converted to AUD, it comes to a fair bit more. 

On 9/27/2019 at 8:01 PM, CCC's said:

It is possible but likely not probable. Many of these deals prices are driven by supply and demand 

We are also in this cruise, booked ages ago, and I purchased the 5 night page at this price then. Over the many months since, it hasn't budged, so it's highly unlikely to do so in the next 6 weeks. See you on board. 

8 hours ago, Emoliash said:

Does this package mean you can eat at five of the specialty restaurants? Are there some interesting dining venues on the ship?

No the special doesn’t include chefs table and the BBQ at izumi.

so it includes 

izumi but the BBQ is extra 

wonderland

chops

jamies.

If you want the ultimate package I believe it covers all ( not totally sure ) and lunch on sea days 

But there’s plenty of food anyway,you won’t starve 

Edited by Chiliburn