Majesty of the Seas - Power Plugs

debnbub

We have booked our first Royal Caribbean cruise to celebrate our 25th anniversary.  I have a question about the power outlets in the cabins. How many plugs are there and where are they located?  I have looked at youtube videos and pics but am not able to see the outlets.  For you past Majesty guests, please help me out.  Thanks!  Oh, I am in an inside cabin on deck six.  

• Like 1

Thanks for your quick response!  I now know I can charge my phone and plug in a small fan for sleeping at the same time!  It's the small things that make all the difference.  We are spoiled and have difficulty sleeping without that little fan!!  :-)

My inside room on Deck 2 didn't have a Euro outlet.  I purposely looked for one, because I had brought a cheap dual USB plug to use in a Euro socket, but there was no place to use it.

There were two North American plugs on the wall under the phone by the desk.  I didn't have any problems with mine, but others on the cruise said that the sockets were loose, and two-pronged plugs would slip out of them (I only used three-pronged, so I don't know if two-pronged would have been loose in mine).

I use a USB plug like this one (only mine was purchased at Five Below for only $5!) so that I have two USB ports (one for phone, one for Kindle [or battery pack] to both charge overnight) without losing the use of the standard electrical outlet.  Then I can still plug in my desk fan (handy for drying swimsuits that are hanging from the ceiling with small magnetic hooks) as well as my laptop without having to constantly plug and unplug and replug everything in.  

Majesty is a small, older ship. They may or may not allow you to take a plug in fan. You might want to look at small battery or dual input options as well. See brillohead post above. 

Congratulations  on your 25th anniversary! We are celebrating ours as well in October, but we will be on Majesty in February. Same difference. We are just delaying the celebration part. :classic_biggrin:

We just did Majesty a few weeks ago.  We had a porthole cabin on deck three.  There were just two US style plugs in the main cabin, no Euro style plug.  The bathroom had a "shaver" plug that seemed to accept both types.

I had brought an adapter to utilize a Euro plug like I have done on other ships.

2 hours ago, gatour said:

We just did Majesty a few weeks ago.  We had a porthole cabin on deck three.  There were just two US style plugs in the main cabin, no Euro style plug.  The bathroom had a "shaver" plug that seemed to accept both types.

I had brought an adapter to utilize a Euro plug like I have done on other ships.

That's interesting because I believe their vacuum cleaners have Euro plugs.  Maybe they use a plug out in the corridor for those staterooms.

12 hours ago, Coralc said:

Majesty is a small, older ship. They may or may not allow you to take a plug in fan.

The age of ship has nothing to do with weather a fan is allowed. 

Only real issue would be size.... these rooms are TINY (the foot of my bed touched the wall to the bathroom -- there was no couch/loveseat space between the two).  

The fan I use is very small but sturdy, similar to this one, and it uses a regular electrical outlet.  If space on the desktop is an issue you can also use magnets like these to hang it from the ceiling instead, as it can tilt on the frame as needed. 

Those are the same magnets that I use to hang clothing/swimwear to dry (I clip things on a clothes hanger, and put the hanger on the hook dangling from the ceiling near the air vent), or for hats and such to hang on walls.  

I added images for folks to see, in case links are problematic in the future: 

fan.jpeg.28ed0449ce615a5bf3db4bc9301301e0.jpeg71OoxduVFTL._SL1100_.thumb.jpg.6f344809a76404830f6509c696542ab3.jpg

Edited by brillohead
added images

4 hours ago, brillohead said:

Only real issue would be size.... these rooms are TINY (the foot of my bed touched the wall to the bathroom -- there was no couch/loveseat space between the two). 

They only seem tiny to people who are not railroad lovers.  My wife and I hate air travel and love to take long trips in Amtrak sleeping cars.  The smallest rooms on the Majesty are 119 square feet. A superliner bedroom (which used to be called a deluxe bedroom) on Amtrak is 49 square feet and a superliner roomette (which used to be called an economy bedroom) is 23 square feet.  Once you have spent a few nights in either of those accommodations, 119 square feet starts to seem pretty big.  Of course, railroads seem much better at utilizing every inch of space than ship designers are and they store the beds during the day so even a roomette has a couch during the day.

Brillohead, this is the exact fan that I have and plan to bring.  I think I will add a few more magnetic hooks to my bag to ensure that I have enough to use for the fan if needed.

Thanks to all that have commented!  Your knowledge and past experiences is most helpful.  :-)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, brillohead said:

The age of ship has nothing to do with weather a fan is allowed. 

The fan I use is very small but sturdy, similar to this one, and it uses a regular electrical outlet.  If space on the desktop is an issue you can also use magnets like these to hang it from the ceiling instead, as it can tilt on the frame as needed. 

Those are the same magnets that I use to hang clothing/swimwear to dry (I clip things on a clothes hanger, and put the hanger on the hook dangling from the ceiling near the air vent), or for hats and such to hang on walls.  

I added images for folks to see, in case links are problematic in the future: 

fan.jpeg.28ed0449ce615a5bf3db4bc9301301e0.jpeg71OoxduVFTL._SL1100_.thumb.jpg.6f344809a76404830f6509c696542ab3.jpg

A link to where you got the hooks would be nice.😉

Edited by FLACRUISER99

6 hours ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

A link to where you got the hooks would be nice.😉

6 hours ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

Never mind I think I found them Hooks

Yep, it was included in my original text under "magnets like these": 

On 9/28/2019 at 11:35 AM, brillohead said:

If space on the desktop is an issue you can also use magnets like these to hang it from the ceiling instead, as it can tilt on the frame as needed.