Explore 4

BSR

I'm planning to book a cruise that includes the Explore 4 promotion.  I have a question about the $25 beverage card.

It says "Beverage Card valued at US$25 per person is for kids or extra guests as a 3rd/4th guest in a stateroom and is not transferable or refundable nor redeemable for cash. Participants may order beverages one at a time and must be 21 years or older for alcoholic beverages. No sharing is permitted.  Beverage management reserves the right to revoke the card if misused and to refuse service for any reason, including service of alcoholic beverages to intoxicated guests. "

How many drinks per day is allowed?  What is the dollar value?  Does it also include water and coffee?

1 minute ago, tallnthensome said:

Huh? This is not hard to understand .... it is $25 and will buy you maybe three beers if you’re an adult 3rd or 4th. It’s for whatever you want to drink .....

I had a card couple years ago and it allowed you to buy up to 15 drinks a day with the Explore 4.  So this one is different?  Only $25 p/p for 3rd or 4th guest.  It's only us 2 - so this is useless for us?

The card offered is for 3rd and 4th guests only in the same stateroom, so if you only have 2 people it will not be of use to you. 

If you had a third person, this would be a card loaded with just $25 in value. It is nothing like the drink package. Once you have used the card to purchase beverages and spent $25 in total, it is no longer valid. The total value for the entire cruise is a maximum of $25. 

2 minutes ago, Ready2go11 said:

The card offered is for 3rd and 4th guests only in the same stateroom, so if you only have 2 people it will not be of use to you. 

If you had a third person, this would be a card loaded with just $25 in value. It is nothing like the drink package. Once you have used the card to purchase beverages and spent $25 in total, it is no longer valid. The total value for the entire cruise is a maximum of $25. 

Thanks.  I didn't read it closely where it said for kids and 3rd & 4th guest.  I just assumed it was for us.   I was thinking it was like the drink package that I got couple years ago, but it didn't have a $ value to it.

2 hours ago, BSR said:

I had a card couple years ago and it allowed you to buy up to 15 drinks a day with the Explore 4.  So this one is different?  Only $25 p/p for 3rd or 4th guest.  It's only us 2 - so this is useless for us?

Kiss it good bye! I posted awhile ago from my PCC!! Looks like it is gone! I have it for my Rotterdam cruise in March and the last one on Koningsdam 1/21!! Now it is this!

looks like they might not be bringing it back per my PCC!

Denise😊

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Kiss it good bye! I posted awhile ago from my PCC!! Looks like it is gone! I have it for my Rotterdam cruise in March and the last one on Koningsdam 1/21!! Now it is this!

looks like they might not be bringing it back per my PCC!

Denise😊

That's to bad.  I did enjoy it. 

Just now, BSR said:

That's to bad.  I did enjoy it. 

I know so did we!!! This $25.00 beverage card really? This promo was like Seattle marketing team thought? “WOW EXPLORER 4! GIVE 4 new options! “

Crapy as far as we are concerned! We are now booked with 2 new cruises next year with all and more with Oceania! If HAL doesn’t bring back the original Explorer 4 and as 5 Star Mariners we will go elsewhere after our Koningsdam cruise in 2021

Denise😊

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

I know so did we!!! This $25.00 beverage card really? This promo was like Seattle marketing team thought? “WOW EXPLORER 4! GIVE 4 new options! “

Crapy as far as we are concerned! We are now booked with 2 new cruises next year with all and more with Oceania! If HAL doesn’t bring back the original Explorer 4 and as 5 Star Mariners we will go elsewhere after our Koningsdam cruise in 2021

Denise😊

I don't see how anyone would like this option.  Well I guess the 3rd and 4th persons, but we cruise with the 2 of us only.  So looks like we only get 1 dinner and OBC with Explore 4.

What drinks do HAL offer that cost extra for young kids?

They obviously can't do alcohols, and we don't want them to have soda, and I don't know how to use the $25...:)

Can these only be used on drinks or they are treated as OBC?

16 minutes ago, mkkao924 said:

What drinks do HAL offer that cost extra for young kids?

They obviously can't do alcohols, and we don't want them to have soda, and I don't know how to use the $25...:)

Some ships have smoothies. Mocktails, if you allow that. Hot chocolate at Explorations Cafe. 
Those are the drinks that come to mind readily. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1