Back 2 Back cruises

31 cents

We have to change cabins for our back to back cruise beginning this Oct. 2019.  I know that we will have to pack up, but how is the switched handled?  How soon could we move into our new cabin?  I'm a little concerned that out luggage will end up on the pier and we will sail away without it.  

Penny

1 minute ago, 31 cents said:

We have to change cabins for our back to back cruise beginning this Oct. 2019.  I know that we will have to pack up, but how is the switched handled?  How soon could we move into our new cabin?  I'm a little concerned that out luggage will end up on the pier and we will sail away without it.  

Penny

We have done about  6 B2Bs.  Tslk to your steward a couple days before the end of cruise 1, and ask how to handle it.  The steward will talk to the steward for the new cabin.  If you are lucky, the people in that cabin will leave early.  We put things for our drawers into our suitcase and leave things on hangers.  Your steward wi!l help move things to the new cabin.  Even if it hasn't been cleaned, you can put your suitcase in the new room and move the clothes on hangers.

Depending on the port, you may or not have to disembark, but not matter what, you will  not have to take your stuff off the ship.  It ix easier than you think!!!

Thanks so much.  That was helpful.  On our second leg we were able to upgrade from a balcony to a mini suite b/c the price was the same and through our travel agent we were able to pick the cabin.  But this means we now have to switch cabins.  I think the bathtub with a shower (bigger) will be worth it.  Everyday I get an e mail  from NCL asking to bid to upgrade on the first leg and I am tempted b/c I think we would be on the same deck making it easier.  I'm just afraid since I can't pick the cabin that I'll be under the pool or some other noisy area.  Any suggestions?  

You will be given a letter from Guest Services toward the end of the 1st cruise giving what you will need to do.  You will need a new room key card not because you are changing cabins but because it is considered a new cruise.  You will be given instructions about whether or not you have to leave the ships to clear Customs.  If you do, you will meet in a specific place (like a bar), be led off and right back on again.  It is really easy if you pay attention and follow instructions.

Enjoy

Doing our first b2b in Au/NZ in Feb 2021.  We will need to change cabins, too, and hoping for help moving us to the new cabin so we can get off to tour a bit in Auckland.  Should have booked both cruises at the same time and gotten the same suite but did not decide until later to add the b2b.  Sigh.....

11 hours ago, 31 cents said:

Penny

The above posts are spot on. One thing we did not realize on our B to B was that your on board account is not closed after your first week. It remains open and just continues on, just like you were on a 14 day cruise.

10 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

The above posts are spot on. One thing we did not realize on our B to B was that your on board account is not closed after your first week. It remains open and just continues on, just like you were on a 14 day cruise.

Thanks So does that mean we don't need to spend all of the OBC from the first cruise and it will carry over to the next without a loss?

6 minutes ago, 31 cents said:

Thanks So does that mean we don't need to spend all of the OBC from the first cruise and it will carry over to the next without a loss?

That was our experience. I would confirm with Guest Services just to confirm that is still the policy. Enjoy your cruise(s). We are also doing a back to back next month but on different cruise lines. First week on MSC Seaside, one night layover in Miami, then the second week on the Breakaway.

10 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

That was our experience. I would confirm with Guest Services just to confirm that is still the policy. Enjoy your cruise(s). We are also doing a back to back next month but on different cruise lines. First week on MSC Seaside, one night layover in Miami, then the second week on the Breakaway.

Sounds like fun.  I have never been on MSC.  Let me know your thoughts when you are back.  

29 minutes ago, 31 cents said:

On all our b2b the OBC carried over to the next leg.