Boarding the Joy in San Pedro

Hrhbob

Would love to hear info on the terminal and boarding process at San Pedro.  We have had great boarding experiences (Southampton), and not so great (Miami), and are curious as to what we will see when boarding Bliss in a few weeks.

1 hour ago, Seany527 said:

How is the Haven/Suite lounge prior to boarding?  Can anyone share their experiences?

Last time we were there, the suites boarding was just a separate sitting area with some refreshments. Nothing fancy like Miami. The entrance was not policed, so non-suites people wandered in getting snacks. This was pre-Bliss/Joy, so hopefully they have made some improvements. 

image.png.bd34c9be30bf4ee7b6f9b2fa73894de8.png

Edited by BirdTravels

56 minutes ago, azcruise said:

Would love to hear info on the terminal and boarding process at San Pedro.

NCL transfer from the airport drops off by the long house (blue-roofed warehouse building, can't miss it on satellite images), happened around 11.  Bags are dropped there to be moved to the ship by the longshoremen (longshorepeople?).  Next step is security, moved fairly quick - my shuttle seemed to be the only group moving through at the time. 

Move on to the check-in area - large room, lots of (empty at the time) chairs set up, directed to one of two counters to check in, based on what deck your cabin is on.  If they routed you to a different side from where your key card is (I was, the other side was busier) they will have to go to the other side to get yours.  Once checked in, I moved right on to boarding the ship, no waiting.

That was my experience boarding the Bliss in April.