Shakedown Cruise - Sky Princess

john_galt

37 minutes ago, john_galt said:

$1,079 per person for a inside cabin on a 4-day cruise. October 16-20. 

'Shakedown' pretty much sums up that pricing. They'll be sorting out the new ship, too. 😂

https://www.princess.com/cruise-search/details?voyageCode=Y941

::nods::

There's a reason that "leading edge" is often spelled "bleeding edge".

2 hours ago, john_galt said:

$1,079 per person for a inside cabin on a 4-day cruise. October 16-20. 

'Shakedown' pretty much sums up that pricing. They'll be sorting out the new ship, too. 😂

https://www.princess.com/cruise-search/details?voyageCode=Y941

I believe that is the inaugural, which is why it’s so high. We are on the 14 day transatlantic and cabins are priced really nice right now. 

To tert333: I have been on the Edge and the Royal (same class as Sky). It depends on your personal preferences. I prefer the Princess ships to Celebrity Edge. The Edge was too trendy for me, loud techno music everywhere, only two banks of elevators; it seemed to be aimed at the younger generation. The food was the same or in some cases better, they had free ice cream in the buffet (limited flavors) the staff was excellent, but I never felt comfortable and relaxed on Edge. The Edge seemed very class oriented(exclusive dinning, services dependent of what class cabin you booked) Again, it’s up to your personal preferences. The Royal class ships are too big and crowded for me, but the whole industry is going that way. The Grand class ships are my preference, but itinerary decides which ship I book. I am already booked on Sky for 25 days next year. I will cope with the crowds because of the itinerary. I will never book Edge again, but I like Celebrity’s other ships.

Thanks for the feedback.  The Edge(including the infinite veranda that they offer have received mixed reviews)  I enjoy the other Celebrity Solstice ships, as well,  and have been on the Regal Princess twice.  The Piazza is one of my favorite areas with its openess, including going to the International Cafe for a cappucino.  It sounds like there are going to be some minor differences with the Sky Princess.   There are a couple of things that is new such as the al fresco dining and the wake view pool in the back.   Also, I have not be on a medallion cruise and looking forward to trying it out(I am a bit of a techie so am interested in seeing how it works). 

Probably will go with the Sky unless the feedback is very negative.....