Vista, 02-15-2020 Itinerary Change

DryCreek

Just as a heads-up to y'all, I received an e-mail from our TA today.  It stated that our itinerary was changed due to "pier availability".

Due to pier availability, it is necessary to change the days of our port visits.  Additionally, our time in Cozumel has been slightly modified.  Below is the revised itinerary:

Saturday - depart Galveston 1600

Sunday - Fun Day at Sea

Monday - Cozumel MX, 0900 - 1800

Tuesday - Belize, 0800 - 1700

Wednesday - Mahogany Bay, Isla Roatan, 0800 - 1800

Thursday - Fund Day at Sea,

Friday - Fun Day at Sea

Saturday - Galveston 0800

Pre-purchased Carnival shore excursions will be automatically adjusted.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard for a FUN and memorable cruise!

Sincerely,

Colleen Olivero

VP, Guest Services - Contact Centers.

When I logged into their website to check on our reservations I saw no mention about the change.  I did get an offer to upgrade from a cove balcony (2317) to a higher balcony (9460) for an extra $38.  I declined.  When I checked out its location, I saw that it was directly below the pool area of the Lido.  Not very private, and I'm sure not very quiet either.

I do wonder why we didn't receive an e-mail directly from Carnival.  Right after we were booked both my wife and I received one telling us we needed to log in and make our reservations for shore excursions and other preferences.  I'm glad I did.  They had us in the split-singles.  I was able to request the "king".

Edited by DryCreek
spelng airers n stuf.

1 hour ago, DryCreek said:

Update:

The revised itinerary now shows up when I logged into my wife's account just now.

Still no direct notification from the cruise line.  Probably due to the fact we booked though a TA?

That would be my guess. I would think your TA would have been contacted by Carnival, since they are your primary conduit for information. And passed the info on to you. 

• 2 months later...
On 10/18/2019 at 8:04 PM, DryCreek said:

Update:

The revised itinerary now shows up when I logged into my wife's account just now.

Still no direct notification from the cruise line.  Probably due to the fact we booked though a TA?

Hi Dry Creek Longhorns, we're Mad Creek Longhorns from Oregon.  Booked this cruise last minute at the promptings of my cousin, so I thought I'd look into Cruise Critic for some info on the Vista and your posting caught my eye.  Looking forward to getting away from all our rain. Perhaps we'll run into each other on the cruise and swap longhorn stories. 

21 hours ago, Itzmyn said:

Hi Dry Creek Longhorns, we're Mad Creek Longhorns from Oregon.  Booked this cruise last minute at the promptings of my cousin, so I thought I'd look into Cruise Critic for some info on the Vista and your posting caught my eye.  Looking forward to getting away from all our rain. Perhaps we'll run into each other on the cruise and swap longhorn stories. 

Well, howdy back to a fellow Longhorn breeder!

We had a great time whenever we've been to Oregon.  I judged the Oregon State Fair (Longhorn classes) once.  My wife and I really enjoyed the experience.  We also came out once prior to that to put on a seminar for saddle training Longhorn steers.