Air2Sea San Juan fares

madiaka

I’m sailing on FOS next August. I checked Air2Sea just to see what type of fares were offered. Their refundable fare from CLE to SJU is around the same as the

non-refundable fares shown on their website and the airline websites. I’m mainly looking at American Airlines. 

Has anyone seen this before?  I was wondering if it was bait and switch, didn’t allow seat selection, etc. The fares are Economy and NOT the “Basic Economy” that airlines are offering now. 

Just now, madiaka said:

I’m sailing on FOS next August. I checked Air2Sea just to see what type of fares were offered. Their refundable fare from CLE to SJU is around the same as the

non-refundable fares shown on their website and the airline websites. I’m mainly looking at American Airlines. 

Has anyone seen this before?  I was wondering if it was bait and switch, didn’t allow seat selection, etc. The fares are Economy and NOT the “Basic Economy” that airlines are offering now. 

Air2Sea is best used for INTL flights, 1 Way. I stay with Domestic Fares for San Juan. We fly out in March for San Juan

• Like 1

I would give them a call.   I actually went through Air2Sea for our flights from Atlanta to Seattle next August.   We got roundtrip, nonstop on Delta for 512.00 per person and the tickets are refundable.  Right now that beats Deltas rate on their website.  Good, bad or indifferent, I was comfortable with those prices.   I could have likely went with Southwest for a cheaper rate but they dont offer non stop to SEA and that was very important to me.  I also like that I dont have to pay any money until our final payment date and since I am going through Royal for travel insurance, our flights should be covered.   We can actually choose our seat right on Deltas website but Im not sure how that would work with me being in a wheelchair so Im not going to change anything    

Edited by ryano

Ok. Thanks. I’ll give them a call. I usually book my own but I like the fact that the refundable rate is reasonable— 445 per person. I’ll look at nonrefindable through airlines closer to final payment date to see if I can cancel and get a better rate. 

15 hours ago, ryano said:

since I am going through Royal for travel insurance, our flights should be covered. on Deltas website but Im not sure how that would work with me being in a wheelchair so Im not going to change anything    

Should be?  Isn't that something you would want to confirm ahead of time rather than assuming?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, waterbug123 said:

Should be?  Isn't that something you would want to confirm ahead of time rather than assuming?

I havent added the travel insurance yet.  I have not assumed anything. Yes I will confirm that Air2Sea flights are covered through Royals Travel Protection.  Either way, booking the flights through Air2Sea were reasonable and there is some added protection if things go wrong.   That was mainly my point 

Edited by ryano

1 hour ago, ryano said:

I havent added the travel insurance yet.  I have not assumed anything. Yes I will confirm that Air2Sea flights are covered through Royals Travel Protection.  Either way, booking the flights through Air2Sea were reasonable and there is some added protection if things go wrong.   That was mainly my point 

Great!  But there are often assumptions made, and posted about, on these boards about things people just assume their trip insurance covers.  It sounded like it might be one of those cases; my post was intended as more of a reminder to those who would assume, not to.  🙂