Wow four years ago

10 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

This all looks great to me, especially since we may have to cancel our  upcoming (on Nov 23 Amazon cruise--a bucket list item for us). Our dog has a problem with his spleen and it will be removed on Monday. his liver has some mottling, which could be Ok or not, so that will be biopsied as well. And I may have a torn rotator cuff, I'll find out tomorrow. My guess is we will have to cancel, but maybe not.

I hope you find a great Tassie Dec 2021!

I hope your dog is OK, I’d cancel any cruise in a heartbeat for Maxy. I am lucky he stays with my daughter and his best mate, the Dalmatian when we are away. the Dally is currently with us while she did a NZ cruise and is then off to Holland for a couple of weeks.

26 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

I hope your dog is OK, I’d cancel any cruise in a heartbeat for Maxy. I am lucky he stays with my daughter and his best mate, the Dalmatian when we are away. the Dally is currently with us while she did a NZ cruise and is then off to Holland for a couple of weeks.

Yes, we will cancel if Smokee (our dog) needs us. It could all be fine, we won't know until we know and I am not going to dwell on the bad stuff until we know. But I am concerned.

We have  a great house/dog-sitter and lots of friends to help her, all experienced with dogs. If we can just get him stable, clean bill of health, and back to normal before we go, we'll go. Otherwise, we will be home with him.

Thanks for your good thoughts.

53 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

This all looks great to me, especially since we may have to cancel our  upcoming (on Nov 23 Amazon cruise--a bucket list item for us). Our dog has a problem with his spleen and it will be removed on Monday. his liver has some mottling, which could be Ok or not, so that will be biopsied as well. And I may have a torn rotator cuff, I'll find out tomorrow. My guess is we will have to cancel, but maybe not.

I hope you find a great Tassie Dec 2021!

I hope it turns out well for you and your dog.

10 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Yes, we will cancel if Smokee (our dog) needs us. It could all be fine, we won't know until we know and I am not going to dwell on the bad stuff until we know. But I am concerned.

We have  a great house/dog-sitter and lots of friends to help her, all experienced with dogs. If we can just get him stable, clean bill of health, and back to normal before we go, we'll go. Otherwise, we will be home with him.

Thanks for your good thoughts.

Report back will be thinking of her or him. I’ve sworn no more pets a few times, but always weaken and get a new one.

Just now, GUT2407 said:

Report back will be thinking of her or him. I’ve sworn no more pets a few times, but always weaken and get a new one.

Ok, I will.

After we lose a dog, i always say no more, but a few months later, the lost dogs send us a new one 😂

On 10/31/2019 at 3:26 PM, NoWhiners said:

Ok, I will.

After we lose a dog, i always say no more, but a few months later, the lost dogs send us a new one 😂

Good luck with Smokee's medical problems.  Your travel insurance would not cover cancellation because of pet illness would it? 

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Good luck with Smokee's medical problems.  Your travel insurance would not cover cancellation because of pet illness would it? 

Thanks, I am hopeful it will be OK.

Sadly, no insurance for pet issues. It is so unfair 😉

21 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

That is a double whammy.

Yep. But we are not leaving him if he needs us. We left another dog once, who had cancer, and she had to be put to sleep while we were gone. Not doing that to another dog.

Many people say that is stupid, but our dogs are our family and I can't leave them when things are bad. If Smokee recovers OK, and biopsy is clean, I think we can go; else, we stay home.

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

The Washington Nationals did a good job.

I was quite excited for them and I'm not much of a baseball fan. From the stories in the local papers, they are a welcome distraction/celebration for fans.

It's always nice to see a perennial underdog succeed. (Except the Yankees were eliminated by the Astros. That was unfortunate. I was born in the Bronx, about 3 blocks from Yankee Stadium.)

Yes, watching the Rugby League today (international matches)Fiji, vs Samoa,  New Zealand vs Great Britain and next up Australia vs Papua New Guinea. Monitoring the cricket scores around Australia on the internet and the Rugby Union World cup final will be on later this evening.

3 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Yes, watching the Rugby League today (international matches)Fiji, vs Samoa,  New Zealand vs Great Britain and next up Australia vs Papua New Guinea. Monitoring the cricket scores around Australia on the internet and the Rugby Union World cup final will be on later this evening.

I thought we play Tonga????