Hamburg port

lanarkshire lad

1 hour ago, lanarkshire lad said:

We will be visiting Hamburg on the 12 th November via P&O Oceana. 

Can anyone advise where the shuttle bus from the port takes you to ? Is it anywhere near the bus stop at Hamburg Central station to board the hop on hop off bus?

We are on the same cruise. 

We visited Hamburg last year on Aurora and loved it. 

The shuttle bus dropped us close to the Town Hall, not sure if this is near Central Station. 

There is a large C&A nearby which cost me a few quid last time... 

As our Aurora visit was a Christmas Market cruise, and many of the markets were around the Town Hall, I am not sure if the drop off spot will be the same. 

Hamburg, like all German cities is very easy to get around, so I'm sure you will be fine. 

Andy 

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, Rpbiscuit said:

Hi

we are going in Feb to Hamburg on oceana and I’d love to take my daughter to the famous Miniatur wonderland. Does anyone know which cruise terminal they dock at so I can work out how easy it is to get to. Thanks. 

A free shuttle bus takes you to the Rathaus area, which is not too far from the miniature wonderland. 

Once in the town, Hamburg is very easy to get around. 

If you look at the thread 'New Year adventure on Ventura' , Kerry has posted some fantastic pictures, it looks great. 

Have a great time, 

Andy 

We visited minatur wunderland a couple of years ago.  We took the shuttle bus into town and after a brief wander round, walked there.  It was extremely busy and most people had booked tickets in advance.  We were informed that we could purchase tickets and then wait for the next available entry time, which could be anything from 30 minutes to an hour.  We decided to do this and you get to wait in a room with chairs and tables in, free soft drinks and puzzles and games at each table to keep you occupied.  There are electronic boards flashing up ticket numbers when you can go in.  I think we waited about 30 minutes before we went in and it was brilliant.  The best and busiest area is the airport.  My husband is forever showing people a film he took on his phone of a plane going along a runway and it is only when it takes off they realise it is a model!! 

Michele

• Like 1