A word of caution - check your credit card bill

Pet

😃As normal, received my final sea pass account bill on the morning we disembarked the ship. Checked it – no issues. A few weeks later got the credit card bill and noticed that as well as the total payment taken it showed an additional payment taken three days later for just over £8. Asked P&O why and was advised this was an administrative error as the amount should have been attributable to the next guests occupying the cabin and the £8 would be reimbursed to my credit card.  Fine, however, we sailed on Oceania last year and similarly we were overcharged by £11 which was refunded for the same reason when I queried it.  Obviously, P&O wouldn’t deliberately add charges but the point is if it happened to us twice in a year how many times does this occur and is not picked up by the card holder some weeks later? The moral being check your credit card statement against your sea pass account.   

5 minutes ago, CarlaMarie said:

There is a thread on this same topic somewhere on here. It appears to be happening to passengers frequently and I can imagine if it is just a small amount alot of passengers don't query it. 

We are guilty of falling in to the category of 'that sounds about right' and not checking properly. 

Seems we need to up our game. 

Andy 

6 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

We are guilty of falling in to the category of 'that sounds about right' and not checking properly. 

Seems we need to up our game. 

Andy 

We have as well. I believe the same reasons are being given - either it was an erroneous mini bar charge, or a charge relating to the next occupants has been applied to yours by mistake. 

• Like 1