Question about Move Up bid

MarLieb

I'm sorry, I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but I can't find the answer!  

We are currently in a Celebrity Suite on the Summit and I got the e-mail regarding the Move Up program.  I'm considering bidding for the Penthouse Suite, but upgrading would only make sense if we get the amenities that come with that particular suite (free laundry, unlimited specialty dining).  Will we get those amenities?  (I know we keep our perks and OBC from the original booking)  

I am reading a current thread where someone won a bid to move to Aqua and they are now dining at Blu, which makes me think we would get the benefits of the Penthouse Suite, however, when reading Celebrity's terms and conditions for Move Up, it says this, "Any promotions associated with the original booking will remain in effect. The Upgrade will not be eligible to receive any promotions or benefits that are applicable to the stateroom had it been originally booked at that stateroom category," which leads me to believe we will not get the free laundry and unlimited specialty dining.

Any clarity or help you can provide is greatly appreciated!  While the extra space would be nice, it's not necessary and I don't want to spend additional thousands if we wouldn't get the Penthouse suite amenities.  Thanks!

It's easier to think of it this way.

You keep only the perks of your original booking, including Captains Club points

You get all the amenities of the upgraded stateroom.  If it says it comes with the stateroom type on the Celebrity website you will get it.

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Like 2

When upgraded to an Upper Suite you get the amenities that come with the suite -  Unlimited Laundry, Bar Setup, Premium Drink package and Unlimited Specialty Dining.    These are considered amenities of the room classification not a perk.   Since you are already in a CS you probably also probably have all 4 Perks which you will retain (tips and OBC)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MarLieb said:

Awesome!  Thanks so much, everyone!  I think I will give the Move Up bid a try!

Just curious.  What is the minimum Move Up bid Celebrity is showing for a move from

a CS to a PH?