Is March 1st spring break time?

Ryanryanryan

Depending on the region, Spring Break for some colleges start the last week of February, however the majority of colleges across the country typically are the second week - third week of March. While I can guarantee there will be spring breakers on your cruise, I can only imagine it not being as intense as other ships since the Encore is fairly new and the sticker price for Encore sailings might price out some college students from sailing.

18 minutes ago, Greek Boss said:

Depending on the region, Spring Break for some colleges start the last week of February, however the majority of colleges across the country typically are the second week - third week of March. While I can guarantee there will be spring breakers on your cruise, I can only imagine it not being as intense as other ships since the Encore is fairly new and the sticker price for Encore sailings might price out some college students from sailing.

I am on the 3/1/20 Bliss from NYC and I was concerned about the same thing, but with this cruise booking really slow, seems its not a favorite of spring breakers.   

5 minutes ago, tokidoki said:

I am on the 3/1/20 Bliss from NYC and I was concerned about the same thing, but with this cruise booking really slow, seems its not a favorite of spring breakers.   

Yeah while you most likely will see Spring Breakers I wouldn't anticipate it being anything extreme, especially out of a Northeast port. We are from that region and actually sailed on the Breakaway out of New York during Spring Break and I will admit there was a good amount of college students (which we liked because we are in that age group), it wasn't anything to be concerned about. The shorter weekend sailings out of Miami are ones I would avoid at all costs if you really aren't trying to deal with them!

Yes spring break does sort of start March 1.  If you notice the cruise prices go up usually March 1.  Its not in full swing until mid March but many schools have very early spring break.  When I was in college, I could never understand having "spring break" in the winter.  Many colleges even start spring break the last week of February.  I believe my college was one of them.  Here is the full list of spring break 2020.

https://www.inertiatours.com/when-is-spring-break-2020/

13 hours ago, Ryanryanryan said:

I'm booked on the Norwegian Encore for March 1, 2020.  Will I avoid spring break during this week?

Yes, there will be some spring breakers the first week of March, mostly the college crowd. The regular spring break season will start about a week or so later and run up to the week of Easter. In a few cases even the week after.