Asia cruise

NMTraveller

6 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

I am looking at booking my first Asia cruise.  However I have no idea on which itinerary is best?  What are the best ports to visit in Asia?  We are looking at a 14 day cruise.  Any ideas and favorites would be appreciated.

We chose a Southeast Asia cruise for our first cruise to Asia.  I wouldn't do it on Celebrity because they port 2 to 3 hours away from Saigon and Bangkok and both of those ports are overnights.  I'd do it on Azamara or Oceania.  We used Azamara, but they are taking a two year break from the Hong Kong - Singapore route.  That one includes Hong Kong an overnight in Ha Long Bay, Danang (for Hoi An), Saigon (an overnight), Bangkok (two nights), Ko Samui, Thailand, and Singapore.  We flew to Siem Reap after the cruise.  This was our favorite cruise of them all, even better than our first Med or St Petersburg with Baltic capitals.  It was just amazing, especially Vietnam, but really everywhere.  I was just blown away at every port.

Oh, that one was Azamara Quest and we have Japan booked on Oceania Nautica for April 2021.  

Edited by hubofhockey
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

We need more information about you. Do you like cool or hot weather? Do you like 8 hour tours? What countries or cities in Asia interest you? Do you want to see the great wall? Is Japan and WWII important to you?

I like warmer weather.  We were thinking about a Christmas cruise.  I like 8 hour tours.  The more the better.  Countries and cities?  I have no idea.  That is why I am asking.  I like history, nature, and culture.  

What are everyones favorite places to visit?  

My perfect cruise would include everything on a small ship with the closer ports (Japan, Korea, Phillippines,  Vietnam, Thailand, and Singapore. These would most likely be Azamara, Oceania, Silversea, etc.

That said, we went with what we could afford and justify. Our family is scheduled on our first SE Asian cruise that starts in Hong Kong, stops 3 places in Vietnam, does Bangkok, and ends in Singapore. We are really looking forward to it. We are extending the trip by 2 days on the front end and 1 day on the end. It was one of the cheapest options available and we have decided to stay in a hotel overnight at some of the stops.

Hong Kong and Singapore are former British colonies so English is supposedly very prevalent.

We are really looking forward to our January 2020 cruise!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

I like warmer weather.  We were thinking about a Christmas cruise.  I like 8 hour tours.  The more the better.  Countries and cities?  I have no idea.  That is why I am asking.  I like history, nature, and culture.  

Check out a Celebrity cruise from Hong Kong to Singapore. Hong Kong is a great gateway to Asia. Bangkok you might want to do a overnight. Azamara is a good option for Asia especially for Bangkok. That is if you like smaller ships. Millennium is a nice ship for Asia.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigbenboys said:

Check out a Celebrity cruise from Hong Kong to Singapore. Hong Kong is a great gateway to Asia. Bangkok you might want to do a overnight. Azamara is a good option for Asia especially for Bangkok. That is if you like smaller ships. Millennium is a nice ship for Asia.

I love smaller ships.

51 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

I see that the Solstice is sailing over there around Christmas 2021.  I will keep that in mind.

15 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

I love smaller ships.

Check out Azamara Pursuit cruise departing November 30, 2020.

18 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

I see that the Solstice is sailing over there around Christmas 2021.  I will keep that in mind.

Yes, Celebrity is moving ships around. Millie will be leaving Asia. 

1 hour ago, bigbenboys said:

Check out Azamara Pursuit cruise departing November 30, 2020.

Yes, Celebrity is moving ships around. Millie will be leaving Asia. 

We looked at Azamara and they did not have anything around week Dec. 20 2021.  We did book the Solstice with the Black Friday sale.  However that is two years away and we could book something else if we find something better.

On 11/28/2019 at 8:08 PM, NMTraveller said:

for Christmas and warm you are going to want to look at Southeast Asia