Cruise Planner Reservation Question

mhall812

Hi, 

I apologize if this has been answered already, but I didn't seem to find an answer when I searched...

I am traveling with 2 other parties (8 of us total) . 1 of the parties booked with a travel agent. The other 2 booked at the same time with Royal Caribbean. 

When I log into my Cruise Planner, all 3 reservations show and I can make purchases under each reservation. However, when I purchase an item and it says "Add guests from another reservation" , I enter the reservation number for the party that booked via travel agent and I get an error of " unfortunately, these reservations may not be combined to create a single reservation. Please proceed to make separate reservations for each party" . 

When I spoke to a Royal Caribbean representative about it, he said that because the reservations weren't made together, we could not link the parties together. However, we are linked for dinner in the MDR. Does it make sense that we can link MDR reservations together but not cruise planner reservations?

If we cannot link our reservations, will it be difficult to get a table of 8 once we get on the ship as opposed to a table of 6 and table of 2 that we have to book because of this problem we are having?

10 minutes ago, mhall812 said:

Does it make sense that we can link MDR reservations together but not cruise planner reservations?

Welcome to CC.

No, that should work and the RCI rep probably gave you bad info - call back a couple of times. Should be no problem getting a table for 8.

23 minutes ago, mhall812 said:

If we cannot link our reservations, will it be difficult to get a table of 8 once we get on the ship as opposed to a table of 6 and table of 2 that we have to book because of this problem we are having?

If you are all in My Time Dining, there's no arrangements to be made to sit together, just show up at the same time.

If you are all in Traditional (fixed, same time) dining, then request your table for 8 via rcldining@rccl.com about 3 weeks before the cruise.  List full names, stateroom numbers, and reservation numbers.

If you are not all assigned to the same type of dining, get that fixed first.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

If you are all in My Time Dining, there's no arrangements to be made to sit together, just show up at the same time.

If you are all in Traditional (fixed, same time) dining, then request your table for 8 via rcldining@rccl.com about 3 weeks before the cruise.  List full names, stateroom numbers, and reservation numbers.

If you are not all assigned to the same type of dining, get that fixed first.

we are all linked together for Traditional Dining. However, for cruise planner purchases we are not. I cannot link specialty dining, shows, excursions, etc purchases for the reservation made with the travel agent to the other reservations. I do have access to each reservation  when I log into cruise planner 

Edited by mhall812

With regard to shows, you are not selecting seats, only a spot in the show venue, so it does not matter if you make all the reservations together.  If you know the full names and reservation numbers, you can get into anyone's Cruise Planner and make show reservations.

4 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

With regard to shows, you are not selecting seats, only a spot in the show venue, so it does not matter if you make all the reservations together.  If you know the full names and reservation numbers, you can get into anyone's Cruise Planner and make show reservations.

The shows I’m not concerned about. That’s exactly what I ended up doing since there aren’t assigned seats. However, my concern is more with specialty dining. For example, solarium bistro, I can book a table of 6 and a table of 2. My concern is when we board there will not be a table available to accommodate 8. 

I’m also curious as to whether the response from the Royal Caribbean rep was correct. Seems odd to me that we can link reservations for traditional dining but not for anything else. 

4 minutes ago, mhall812 said:

The shows I’m not concerned about. That’s exactly what I ended up doing since there aren’t assigned seats. However, my concern is more with specialty dining. For example, solarium bistro, I can book a table of 6 and a table of 2. My concern is when we board there will not be a table available to accommodate 8. 

I’m also curious as to whether the response from the Royal Caribbean rep was correct. Seems odd to me that we can link reservations for traditional dining but not for anything else. 

I did not think that linking was necessary to purchase specialty dining for those on other reservations.  My experience has been that there's an option to add others from another reservation, and all you need is the name and reservation number.

9 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

My experience has been that there's an option to add others from another reservation, and all you need is the name and reservation number.

I thought so too, but then I get this error when I try  " unfortunately, these reservations may not be combined to create a single reservation. Please proceed to make separate reservations for each party “

Just now, mhall812 said:

I thought so too, but then I get this error when I try  " unfortunately, these reservations may not be combined to create a single reservation. Please proceed to make separate reservations for each party “

Are you sure the travel agent gave you RC's reservation number and not the travel agent's?  If so, then I'd call Royal customer service and try to make the reservation that way.

If you have TRADITIONAL dining, and are linked, you will show up at the time of the meal (either, early seating or late seating, whichever you chose) and you'll all be at the same table.  You can switch between the 2 seatings.  If you have "early" seating, you have it for the duration....same with "late" seating.  You can, of course, do a "specialty" restaurant any time you want....and you can book those online or once you're on the ship.

13 hours ago, mhall812 said:

I didn't even think of this. Thank you. 

Solarium Bistro on Harmony a twotop could probably be moved to join a table of 6.  Just ask go to Bistro and ask when you board your ship.