Westerdam Alaska July 2020

cpd249

My DW and I will be celebrating 25 years of marriage in March. To celebrate we will be doing an Alaska cruise and have splurged for an aft Neptune Suite on Westerdam in July.  This will be our first HAL cruise and will be a southbound cruise out of Seward.  My job has caused me to miss many family events and my DW has taken a backseat over the years.  I'm not a romantic guy, but I am looking for any words of wisdom on things I can do to make this a very special trip and any special things to ask for or expect with a Neptune Suite.  My DW deserves it.  We are both introverts that have jobs that require us to be extroverts so we are just looking to chill and relax.  Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Consider booking the Renewal of Vows ceremony. There is a price, of course, but it comes with a lovely renewal ceremony, where each couple does their vows individually, photos, a copy of the vows, and dinner at the Pinnacle Grille. 

• Like 1

My wife and I are both introverts too, and though we haven't been married nearly as long (7th anniversary last month), I also wanted to do something special for our Alaska cruise next May. I looked into the renewal of vows but decided my wife wouldn't go for that kind of hoopla, so instead I ordered a bouquet of flowers and chocolate covered strawberries for the stateroom on embarkation day. Hopefully that goes over well. Enjoy your trip!

Edited by strickerj
  • Like 2

I did that exact cruise in August

my review 

Suggestion: 

In Ketchikan, skip the excursions and save some budget for jewelry shopping at the Rain Barrel

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g31030-d8313608-Reviews-The_Rain_Barrel-Ketchikan_Alaska.html

https://www.yelp.com/biz/rain-barrel-ketchikan

see the pic near the caption:

"Loved shopping in Ketchikan. Rain Barrel."

in my review

I was smitten by that style of ring and stone

http://www.rainbarrelalaska.com/

• Like 1

Cpd.. how sweet! Congratulations on your Silver Wedding Anniversary! We are sure you've read already about your Neptune perks, so would suggest perhaps booking a couples massage, or private dining on your balcony. The Pinnacle Grill has seating for a romantic dinner. Let them know about your celebration and they can discretely bring you a celebratory dessert. I'm so happy for you! ❤️

• 2 weeks later...

A bottle of wine or Champagne delivered to the stateroom on embarking is nice.  The flowers were previously recommended and were very nice on our last cruise.  A day at the spa or the thermal  access to the whirlpools.    A gift brought on prior to departure with a nice card.   They will not have cards on board.  Hope you have a wonderful celebration!!  Congratulations!!

• Like 1