Freedom Class Unlimited Dining experience?

discru

Anyone currently, or recently, on a Freedom Class ship and had the Unlimited Dining Package?  Specifically interested in the Izumi Hibachi, and whether they tried to charge you extra for the Hibachi.  Also interested in hearing your experience with the new Fish and Ships.  Thank you for any info you can provide.

Edited by discru

8 minutes ago, hmhanel said:

I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong in my response, but I thought the Izumi Hibachi and Fish and Ships would not be dining venues on FOS until after it comes out of dry dock in March.

I didn't realize they were not updated yet.... We are sailing on the Indy, but I thought I would open the question up to all of the ships in the Freedom class, just to have a wider range of responses/experiences.  Sorry for the confusion.

22 minutes ago, discru said:

Anyone currently, or recently, on a Freedom Class ship and had the Unlimited Dining Package?  Specifically interested in the Izumi Hibachi, and whether they tried to charge you extra for the Hibachi.  Also interested in hearing your experience with the new Fish and Ships.  Thank you for any info you can provide.

They are both included.  Some ships may only give a $35 credit at Hibachi 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-restaurants-are-included-in-the-unlimited-dining-package

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I had the UDP on Indy a few weeks ago & had to fight to not pay an extra fees to dine at Izumi Hibachi. They originally tried to charge $14 more per person, and stated that because of the $35 threshold that lunch would be fully covered. The website now states that the Hibachi will be $10 extra per guest and added to your bill, and that Playmakers is now at a $20 limit. Forgot about trying Fish & Chips though... 

8 hours ago, tomika75 said:

I had the UDP on Indy a few weeks ago & had to fight to not pay an extra fees to dine at Izumi Hibachi. They originally tried to charge $14 more per person, and stated that because of the $35 threshold that lunch would be fully covered. The website now states that the Hibachi will be $10 extra per guest and added to your bill, and that Playmakers is now at a $20 limit. Forgot about trying Fish & Chips though... 

We added the UDP to our May cruise on Indy recently.  Where did you find the information you are referring to? Thanks!

I purchased the UDP on Black Friday for my Freedom 3/8/20 sailing. At that time the website/cruise planner had no notice about these new restrictions or prices. It didn't even mention that the Chef's Table was not an option (and still doesn't). It just stated "Holiday Celebration Dinners are not included with this package.*" and about the $35 a la carte price.

Do I have any recourse since I did not print out the page at the time of purchase? I was really looking forward to the Teppanyaki, but not for more additional money. 

18 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

what exactly are you thinking you should be getting? 

I think I should be getting the Teppanyaki at no additional cost and Playmakers retaining the $35 limit due to the fact that was what was in effect at the time of purchase.

Same holds true to those in the past who got drink packages at a cheaper rate due to IT pricing mistakes

Edited by Smokey Mountain Tim
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

FYI and for anyone else, Chef's Table is not a specialty restaurant therefore will not be listed any anyway (included or not)

It does have this disclaimer now:

"Package does not include premium experiences such as Chefs Table, Mystery Theater Dinner, Wine Pairing Menus and up charges for special food selections."

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, tomika75 said:

Oh, No!  Sorry that happened to you. That's what I was afraid of... changing rules and restrictions mid-stream.  I was on the Mariner before Thanksgiving and Hibachi , with 2 proteins, was included in the UDP..no extra charges.  Going on Indy in 4 days and was planning on Hibachi, as it is supposed to be included (no mention of an upcharge) When I purchased the UDP for Indy, Playmakers was still at $35.  Now....in true Royal fashion, it wasn't clear if that is $35 per visit...or $35 for the entire cruise.  To the OP, Why did they try to charge an extra $14, instead of an extra $10?  Did you order 2 proteins, or did the price just jump again?  Any idea if the $20 Playmakers was for per trip to the venue, per day, or $20 for the entire cruise?

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, loyola00 said:

Hi, we will be cruising on Freedom in April. I would also be interested in knowing if additional cost for Playmakers and Izumi are per visit or per day?

Per visit.