Specialty restaurants

Tansy Mews

Can you please remind me of a couple of things?

First, what time does the booking window open? At 12:01 am or 8 am or ?

Second, when booking for myself plus another stateroom, I guess I just need their stateroom number?

Third, is there any advantage to have a TA do the booking? I have always done it myself, but our travel companions' TA volunteered to do it. 

Thank you!

12:01 EST

to add another cabin as guest you need their booking number & surname

If you cannot get the time slot/date you want  not sure if  a TA can get it for you or not

I just do my own even when joining friends

I thinks it’s better if you do it yourself. Unless you are in the highest suites your options may be limited and your first choices not available. In such a scenario you would know better what alternative choices to pick than your TA who would be making these choices for you.

JMO.

Edited by Paulchili
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

I thinks it’s better if you do it yourself. Unless you are in the highest suites your options may be limited and your first choices not available. In such a scenario you would know better what alternative choices to pick than your TA who would be making these choices for you.

Thanks. Yes, we are budget travellers so while we do have status from several cruises with O, (free gratuities, etc.), we don't have any priority for restaurants. 

Edited by Tansy Mews

I have a question concerning adding another guest to your dining reservation.  What happens if the group is staying in different categories? Let say one is in a PH suite and the other 2 people are staying in Concierge Room.  Can the PH guest do the reservation for the whole group when it is the PH timeframe  or do they have to wait until the Concierge rooms can make the reservations? 

TIA

6 hours ago, lourdest said:

I have a question concerning adding another guest to your dining reservation.  What happens if the group is staying in different categories? Let say one is in a PH suite and the other 2 people are staying in Concierge Room.  Can the PH guest do the reservation for the whole group when it is the PH timeframe  or do they have to wait until the Concierge rooms can make the reservations? 

TIA

Yes. We just did this with friends. Then, once on board, we were able to make additional reservations for all us all. End result was dinner in specialties 9 nights, plus La Reserve, on a 14 day cruise. Quite a let down to come back to "home" cooking after all that marvelous food.

26 minutes ago, Tansy Mews said:

There is a new note on the selector area - about shared tables. We will share but with our friends in another room. So select "shared" or not?

Thanks.

Okay, I think they used to ask for stateroom number. Now they want the other person's booking number. Shoot! I guess it makes sense but I didn't anticipate it. 

1 minute ago, Tansy Mews said:

Okay, I think they used to ask for stateroom number. Now they want the other person's booking number. Shoot! I guess it makes sense but I didn't anticipate it. 

Booking number makes more sense. The cabin number may change with upsells, guarantees, etc - the booking number does not.

It's a long time since they have wanted the booking number of your dinner companions, NOT the cabin number!  The name also ...

I have had success booking on my own with friends who were in a lower cabin, and I was able to book the table at our booking date ... supposedly we had to wait until THEIR date was open, but that was not our experience. On a few occasions (some years ago I had to call an Oceania rep (by specific name) to do this, but more recently it wasn't necessary.

The worst case is you book your table in the higher suite, then add your friends to your table when they are "eligible".  But I've not had to do that as far as I recall ...

9 hours ago, Tansy Mews said:

There is a new note on the selector area - about shared tables. We will share but with our friends in another room. So select "shared" or not?

There are three options - just you (forget the exact wording), invite someone else to share, and a "shared" table. You do need your friend's booking number.

I didn't have that when I booked last night at 12 midnight but I reserved at any rate for my party of three.

This morning at 8:30 am EST I called Oceania and added the other couple with their reservation number.

BTW, I had tried to adjust the reservations online, but in spite of saying that the reservation was updated, the confirmation email didn't reflect the change. But easy to do it by phone, especially since I was going from a table for 4 to a table for 6.

Thanks everyone.

15 hours ago, Tansy Mews said:

Thanks.

click "no" for sharing then click on add a guest

did you not  read Post #2  where I said  you need the booking number of the other party ?

54 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

click "no" for sharing then click on add a guest

did you not  read Post #2  where I said  you need the booking number of the other party ?

Ah! I did read your posts but....I guess not thoroughly. Lesson learned?

Thank you.

Frances

17 hours ago, Mura said:

It's a long time since they have wanted the booking number of your dinner companions, NOT the cabin number!  The name also ...

I have had success booking on my own with friends who were in a lower cabin, and I was able to book the table at our booking date ... supposedly we had to wait until THEIR date was open, but that was not our experience. On a few occasions (some years ago I had to call an Oceania rep (by specific name) to do this, but more recently it wasn't necessary.

The worst case is you book your table in the higher suite, then add your friends to your table when they are "eligible".  But I've not had to do that as far as I recall ...

Hi Mura

This was in place in 2012 on our Baltic cruise and is the only way we have done it.

I am sure your history with O goes back longer than ours :)