Beach Bed Cancelled

On 12/24/2019 at 10:43 AM, later said:

They removed all the beach beds from the small south beach area in November  when they cut off that section of water for construction.  

Glad I got to rent a beach bed in May when we sailed on Mariner.  Wonderful day.  

I am SO angry!  Today, I got an email from Royal with subject line reading "Cruise Planner Cancellation Summary".  It said that my CocoCay Chill Island Beach Bed THAT I BOOKED 4 MONTHS AGO had been cancelled and I was being refunded back to my credit card.  NO explanation whatsoever.  My cruise leaves in 9 days!  I have emailed them, but so far have just gotten the standard "we'll get back to you within 36 hours" response.  Grrrrrr!!!!!

14 minutes ago, karen_g said:

I am SO angry!  Today, I got an email from Royal with subject line reading "Cruise Planner Cancellation Summary".  It said that my CocoCay Chill Island Beach Bed THAT I BOOKED 4 MONTHS AGO had been cancelled and I was being refunded back to my credit card.  NO explanation whatsoever.  My cruise leaves in 9 days!  I have emailed them, but so far have just gotten the standard "we'll get back to you within 36 hours" response.  Grrrrrr!!!!!

Maybe they scheduled another ship there the same day and had to take back cabanas & beach beds.

4 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Maybe they scheduled another ship there the same day and had to take back cabanas & beach beds.

I just checked 2 different "cruise ship calendars", and they are still showing my ship (Symphony) as the only ship there that day.  But the calendars might not be updated yet, I suppose.

7 minutes ago, karen_g said:

I just checked 2 different "cruise ship calendars", and they are still showing my ship (Symphony) as the only ship there that day.  But the calendars might not be updated yet, I suppose.

well of course the other option is that an area that had (or is about to get) beach beds is under construction and will not be available for the day you are there.

would you rather have it canceled or lay next to(or inside of) a construction site all day?

4 minutes ago, proggieus said:

well of course the other option is that an area that had (or is about to get) beach beds is under construction and will not be available for the day you are there.

would you rather have it canceled or lay next to(or inside of) a construction site all day?

My reservation was for Chill Island.  It was my understanding that Chill Island has had a full compliment of Beach Beds for some time now.  I would be very surprised to find them doing construction in that spot, but I suppose anything is possible.

So I thought I would report back.  After spending quite some time on the phone with Customer Service this morning, the story I got is this:  for my sailing, they cancelled ALL the Chill Island Beach Beds, due to construction.  Proggieus was indeed correct.  And I am still surprised; I thought Chill Island was done with renovations!  Nevertheless, I'm still hopeful that I'll be able to find a shady spot.  Fingers Crossed!