Beach Bed Cancelled

Myself and another family in my travel party ordered beach beds at CocoCay about a month apart from each other.  Yesterday, we got an email saying both beach beds had been cancelled due to reduced inventory.  Anyone know what’s going on with the beach beds?  I can see how if they lost a bed for some reason, the last person booked would get canceled, but both were cancelled, and the other was booked a full month before the other. Did this happen to anyone else?

26277F65-C30E-4113-B797-B79B916511BD.jpeg

2 minutes ago, tinkertwo said:

I read something a few days ago that some ones cabana was canceled pretty much the same way however when they looked at the trip planner cabanas were still available, just at three times the cost.  

This is my first thought also.  OP, go to your planner and see if you can book the beach beds now and what the costs are.  If they're still available, I would be calling RCI and raising hell. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, fredflint said:

Boy sounds to me like they found someone to pay more than what you were paying  they did not even offer anything for the cancellation!

Wait until they start doing that with staterooms.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hotels have been doing that for years on third party reservations (Expedia, etc. on line sellers).

Those companies buy rooms at 30% and higher discounts before they sell them back to you at a higher rate.

During sell out  or high demand periods, the hotels can get whatever full price the market is demanding when people book directly with them. 

In those cases, third party reservations have a habit of disappearing, or being cancelled for some arbitrary reason. 

• Like 1

No, the bed is still showing sold out.  I checked through our reservation planner and another member of our travel party who didn’t originally book.  It’s frustrating because I booked the bed several months ago.  Now several of the other options are sold out. 

1 minute ago, johnbob7 said:

When were you going to be at CocoCay? If soon, it may be that the final construction of the beach club and associated spaces has forced them to move things around and you got caught in it.

Just a guess.

bobj

Yes, we leave next week and I thought of that. However, our sailing is the sold out New Year’s eve sailing.  Why would they chose to reduce the inventory this week when they could move it after the super busy holiday sailings?  The island isn’t even expected to open until the end of January, right? 

Has happened over the yrs with some shore excursions when Royal sign new contracts with Operators. Though they been creating, moving all these knew bed/areas. Sad if is just rate increase, or just they renumbered them and Computer kicked them off with a standard letter. Wonder if it's one days they added a second ship and needed have inventory for them. Will probably never know as if see inventory available could be any or passengers canceled their Cruise/Bed

Edited by ONECRUISER

11 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

I wonder if Royal prioritizes suite guests who want to book a beach bed?  We booked one weeks ago for our cruise in two weeks- haven't heard anything ---yet!

We had a star class suite on our last cruise.  We could not book an excursion that was already fully booked, so doubt it. 

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

There are two ships scheduled there on 12/29, 1/1, 1/2, and 1/5. If you are there on one of those days, it's possible they split the inventory between two ships.

We are supposed to be there on the 4th.  I hope there won’t be two ships then. 

22 hours ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Hotels have been doing that for years on third party reservations (Expedia, etc. on line sellers).

Those companies buy rooms at 30% and higher discounts before they sell them back to you at a higher rate.

During sell out  or high demand periods, the hotels can get whatever full price the market is demanding when people book directly with them. 

In those cases, third party reservations have a habit of disappearing, or being cancelled for some arbitrary reason. 

That I can understand because it's a third party and that in of itself is sketchy to me.  It's just down right criminal if you book through the cruise line and pay in full.  I never book through a third party. I just use the search engine site for a price reference. I always book direct with the organization and usually can get a better price with an AAA discount.

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

We will be sailing out of port canaveral on the harmony on the 5 of jan  Hard to believe it will be at coco key on the 4th

They have been reversing the port order on some Eastern routes lately, putting two sea days at the front end and Coco Cay at the back end.

I just found out that ours was canceled as well!  Our cruise leaves on Dec. 27th, and apparently construction will not be completed on this section of the island.  However, I received ZERO notification that it had been canceled.  I called to find out why it wasn't showing up on my app and that's when they gave me the news.  So frustrating... I could have booked something else had they told me this back in October when they canceled it.  Now everything is sold out, of course.