1 VOOM Surf + STREAM Voyage Package - 2 Devices pricing differences

DntlGal

We just return from a week cruise on the Harmony of the Seas 2 weeks ago. We paid $101.61 for the Voom package mentioned in heading above.

We are going on another cruise in a few months on a small ship out of Tampa and for the same exact package it now costs $203.92. It's $25.49

a day where we just paid $14.52 a day...and we are basically going to the same ports. I just received an email this morning saying this Voom package

was up to 50% off. I called Royal to find out why the price was so much higher. The agent said she was showing it's $23.99 a day for a total of $167.93.

I don't understand why there are different prices between ships, email "discount" prices, and what agents have.  I just looked up when I purchased the Harmony's Voom package and it's almost the same time between sailings so it's not a last minute price. I thought if you booked earlier it would be cheaper...

We are Emerald status and will be reaching Diamond status later this year. I find this extremely frustrating and almost dishonest. They make you have to keep checking

the prices to see if they come down and then you have to call them to get the cheaper price (hopefully, that will happen). It wastes their time and mine to have to do that.

We also have a on board credit but she said she didn't see it so I had to pay with a credit card. 

22 minutes ago, DntlGal said:

We just return from a week cruise on the Harmony of the Seas 2 weeks ago. We paid $101.61 for the Voom package mentioned in heading above.

We are going on another cruise in a few months on a small ship out of Tampa and for the same exact package it now costs $203.92. It's $25.49

a day where we just paid $14.52 a day...and we are basically going to the same ports. I just received an email this morning saying this Voom package

was up to 50% off. I called Royal to find out why the price was so much higher. The agent said she was showing it's $23.99 a day for a total of $167.93.

I don't understand why there are different prices between ships, email "discount" prices, and what agents have.  I just looked up when I purchased the Harmony's Voom package and it's almost the same time between sailings so it's not a last minute price. I thought if you booked earlier it would be cheaper...

We are Emerald status and will be reaching Diamond status later this year. I find this extremely frustrating and almost dishonest. They make you have to keep checking

the prices to see if they come down and then you have to call them to get the cheaper price (hopefully, that will happen). It wastes their time and mine to have to do that.

We also have a on board credit but she said she didn't see it so I had to pay with a credit card. 

IMO, you have some people that will make a purchase at whatever price and never look back.  And then you have people that will continually seek out the best price.  Prices fluctuate by supply and demand and will never be the same across the fleet.  You just learn over time to be diligent and check for price savings.  If consumers are willing to purchase something at a higher price, you can't blame the company for making the sale.  I get the frustration but it's just part of the game.  The price point I aim for with Voom is $10 or less per device otherwise I feel like I'm overpaying.

Edited by Mr. Candyman