Deposit Question

tdavis0990

Forgive me if this has been asked a time or two, but I have a deposit question. I am not a newbie cruiser, but we have not sailed since February 2018, on Harmony, and I think some things have changed since then. I am looking at booking on Harmony on September 13-20, 2020 for myself, husband, and will be 9 month old son (I am due in about two weeks! 🙂 ) In the past when booking, there was always the option to book either refundable or non refundable deposit, and I was not given this option when reviewing the booking. Do I need to call and book to be given the option at this point? I realize that it may make the total cruise fare higher, but with babies you never know and would like to be able to get back the $750 deposit if necessary. They are running the kids sail free promotion at the moment, if that makes a difference. 

Any advice appreciated! Thanks! 

12 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

You would only lose $200. The $550 balance would be given back as a FCC that you can use on any new booking within a year. On our last booking the refundable rates were much higher than the $200 we would lose. 

Wouldn't it be $300 %100 per person

59 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Wouldn't it be $300 %100 per person

48 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Was not sure about the Kids sail free or the baby being the 3rd in the cabin. Need one of the TA experts to chime in. 

It depends.  If there are 3 in a room and the third cancels the deposit is applied to the forest 2 guests.  If the first 2 guests cancel later then the penalty would be $300 and not $200.