Regent Choice excursions

Belfast Taxman

Apologies I really ought to know this sort of thing by now, but excursion booking is now less than 12 hours away, so getting a bit over excited. We have all our first options ready to book for each port. There is one we will have to pay extra for. Do I need to have a credit card handy or is actual payment later, such as the end of the cruise?

When do you find out what excursions are available?  We are booked on the Splendor t/a in Nov.2020.

Know the ship hasn't made her first sailing yet,  but curious (and very excited).  Thanks, Mary

Belfast Taxman

Are you having any luck booking excursions? I have been trying for the past 10  to 15 minutes and it allows me to choose the excursion but when i click on add to cart nothing happens.  Went through the entire cruise before realizing that nothing was working. 

i am not rushing but when i click on a shore excursion for the 2 of us and then click update cart nothing happens. 

Glad it is working for some. Not happy that i am wasting my time trying to get it to work for us. I have tried clearing my cache, logging out and back in and nothing.  First time i have had this problem but it seems indicative of my day. Not sure what else to do . 

14 hours ago, runnerswife said:

When do you find out what excursions are available?  We are booked on the Splendor t/a in Nov.2020.

Know the ship hasn't made her first sailing yet,  but curious (and very excited).  Thanks, Mary

Runnerswife, you should be able to see some potential excursions now on the Regent website. Actual booking dates depend upon cabin class or previous history with Regent. For a November cruise then March is possible. You can request a fully detailed PDF a few weeks before your booking date. Just checked the Regent website for the November 3rd Med cruise and the number of excursions currently listed is very small at the moment. Not sure why, but if you can find earlier similar cruises you should see a bigger list of potential excursions.

Edited by Belfast Taxman
Extra info

4 hours ago, 1982CruzStart said:

i am not rushing but when i click on a shore excursion for the 2 of us and then click update cart nothing happens. 

Glad it is working for some. Not happy that i am wasting my time trying to get it to work for us. I have tried clearing my cache, logging out and back in and nothing.  First time i have had this problem but it seems indicative of my day. Not sure what else to do . 

Kathy, hopefully you got finished last night. I found that once you had successfully clicked on each person, you could then press Add to Cart, but it then took 5 to 10 seconds (resisting the desire to press anything again) before it actually executed the command. You were then told that you had excursions in your cart. I actually did them all at once and then actually booked them by going through the payment screen. About five minutes later I got my confirmation e-mail from Regent

1 hour ago, Belfast Taxman said:

Runnerswife, you should be able to see some potential excursions now on the Regent website. Actual booking dates depend upon cabin class or previous history with Regent. For a November cruise then March is possible. You can request a fully detailed PDF a few weeks before your booking date. Just checked the Regent website for the November 3rd Med cruise and the number of excursions currently listed is very small at the moment. Not sure why, but if you can find earlier similar cruises you should see a bigger list of potential excursions.

Thanks for the info.  Just anxious..... patience is not one of my strong points.  We were on the Explorer 

in Nov. but hadn't booked this far out.  It was our first Regent cruise (after 55 others) and we fell in love with Regent.  Thanks again,  Mary

3 hours ago, Belfast Taxman said:

Kathy, hopefully you got finished last night. I found that once you had successfully clicked on each person, you could then press Add to Cart, but it then took 5 to 10 seconds (resisting the desire to press anything again) before it actually executed the command. You were then told that you had excursions in your cart. I actually did them all at once and then actually booked them by going through the payment screen. About five minutes later I got my confirmation e-mail from Regent

unfortunately still no luck. Website will let me select the excursion, the people, add to the cart but then it says no excursions added to cart. No matter what i do it won't work. Of course being Jan 1 i can't contact Regent until Thursday.  The cruise is wide open so i suspect we won't have a problem with getting what we want in the long run but very frustrated. However, if we can't get what we want we will likely cancel the cruise as we are taking it for the ports and shore excursions. 

Happy New year to all.

2 hours ago, 1982CruzStart said:

unfortunately still no luck. Website will let me select the excursion, the people, add to the cart but then it says no excursions added to cart. No matter what i do it won't work. Of course being Jan 1 i can't contact Regent until Thursday.  The cruise is wide open so i suspect we won't have a problem with getting what we want in the long run but very frustrated. However, if we can't get what we want we will likely cancel the cruise as we are taking it for the ports and shore excursions. 

Happy New year to all.

So why not just wait until tomorrow and call them.  Hope you get the ones you want.

I find it frustrating that you can't get the list of actual excursions until shortly before the booking window.  (Especially when the Excursions page says the following, "We make every effort to have excursions finalized at least 240 days in advance of sailing, and often sooner, so please check back regularly.")

But have never ultimately had much problem getting what I wanted.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

I did call Regent this morning and we got all that we wanted except 1 though the agent said she would check into it as it seemed that they just weren't allowing booking for that particular excursion. 

What my DH did notice when he tried yesterday was that on our booking it was showing that our deposit was due not paid. Of course it was paid back in Nov 2018. I think what might have happened is when the cruise was re-priced because of a price drop and price guarantee the little box regarding the deposit was not checked. I asked the agent to please find out why it is showing this way and to make sure it is fixed. The error message though mostly just a number did once come saying something about our booking not being eligible to book shore excursions at this time. 

The agent tried to blame Chrome for it and put me through a little exercise that proved absolutely nothing because all the shore excursions were booked by her so we couldn't test if it would actually let me book anything. I did try and look at the culinary classes but won't let me do anything with it either.  Not bothered by that because there is really only 1 sea day and not sure i will do a class that day anyways.  They are showing 3 class days but the other 2 are when we are in port so wouldn't even consider those days. 

22 hours ago, Sharle said:

don't worry about the deposit showing as not paid. That seems to happen to all my reservations if there are any changes but it hasn't affected any bookings or anything else.

fair enough however there has to be some reason it won't let me book online for this cruise. I  have not had this problem on any of the other cruises i have done and that is the only difference between this one and the others. I want to find out why there is a problem before i run into it again when booking restaurant reservations as i don't want to miss out on getting what i want because i can't book online in a timely basis.