Princess excursion to Milan/Last Supper question

TW6cruiser

Hello, I have called Princess and get a different answer depending upon who I talk to with my shore excursion question.  Next summer we are on a cruise that stops in Genoa, and we want to go to Milan to see the city and "The Last Supper".  Princess has two excursions GOA 150 ("Milan and Da Vinci's Last Supper") and GOA 165 ("Da Vinci's Last Supper and Milan").   Both are 9 hours (although one leaves 1/2 hour earlier in the morning).   GOA 165 is $30 more.  I don't mind the extra money necessarily, but if anyone has done either of these can you advise of the details? 

The best I can figure is one goes to the "Last Supper" earlier in the day.  But from what I've researched, they only let 25 people in at a time anyway and you can only stay for 15 minutes,  so I don't think the time of day you visit makes a difference.  One Princess rep said GOA 165 is more "popular" but could not tell me why.  One Princess rep said GOA165 includes lunch (although one page the web site says it's on your own on both...which we prefer). 

I'm not interested in GOA 160 which also goes to Milan and "The Last Supper" but also makes another stop. 

Thanks, 

I’m not sure about what Princess offers, go through details carefully and then pick the one that you think will be the best for you.  I did this on my own and it was very moving.  You are right, there are limited people in at one time, so you get to see everything clearly, no photos allowed inside.  It is quite cool as it is air conditioned to maintain the painting. I thought it was one of the highlights of my time in Europe.

As you  are coming from Genoa I would not consider doing anything but a Princess excursion, too far and too many things can go wrong, think Italian drivers, traffic.

Hope you get back to Genoa to spend some time at another time, it is a lovely city.

Enjoy.

17 hours ago, Gwendy said:

I’m not sure about what Princess offers, go through details carefully and then pick the one that you think will be the best for you.  I did this on my own and it was very moving.  You are right, there are limited people in at one time, so you get to see everything clearly, no photos allowed inside.  It is quite cool as it is air conditioned to maintain the painting. I thought it was one of the highlights of my time in Europe.

As you  are coming from Genoa I would not consider doing anything but a Princess excursion, too far and too many things can go wrong, think Italian drivers, traffic.

Hope you get back to Genoa to spend some time at another time, it is a lovely city.

Enjoy.

It was a great tour. We did the one without lunch. Photos are allowed for the 15 minutes you are in there. You just need to turn off the flash.

IMG_0377.JPG

Thanks for the comments. We signed up for the GOA-150 one (clearly says lunch on your own).  I wish Princess would be clearer on some of their excursion descriptions. With the new format, some of the info is not all listed.  

18 hours ago, TW6cruiser said:

Thanks for the comments. We signed up for the GOA-150 one (clearly says lunch on your own).  I wish Princess would be clearer on some of their excursion descriptions. With the new format, some of the info is not all listed.  

After you click the green "View Details" button for the excursion, the next page has three tabs across the top. If you click "Excursion Details" it gives you very specific info on travel times, etc. All 3 of the Milan excursions I looked at mentioned free time for lunch and shopping or lunch on your own. I wasn't planning on an excursion to Milan, but after reading this thread I am reconsidering!

We did the excursion with lunch on your own.  I do not remember tbe code number of excursion.  I only remembered the one we took was 229.00.  It did include a walking tour to the cathedral and the fashion district.  Lots of traffic to contend with.  Mostly walking to wherever bus os parked.  They told us this excursion sells out quickly so glad you booked it.  We loved it such a moving security controlled exhibit.  When we arrived in Milan we picked up local guide.  Our princess representstive on bus just handled details like bathroom stops and tickets.