First time on Royal

npater

My husband and I will be celebrating our 40th anniversary in September and we decided to do a cruise on Royal which is our first cruise with Royal, Oasis. I am so excited, the ship looks amazing. We are platinum on NCL. We were told that we will never go back to NCL after this cruise

what are the complimentary restaurants and which are the pay ones. Is there a specialty restaurant that you can recommend for our anniversary

my husband has a severe nut allergy. Who do we contact re this

any tips that you can share

going on the NCL Encore in May and very disappointed that they got rid of the adult section Spice H2O. Saw The Solarium on Royal in a few pictures and said “wow”. How beautiful. Can’t wait

are there any good bands. We love rock and roll

57 minutes ago, npater said:

My husband and I will be celebrating our 40th anniversary in September and we decided to do a cruise on Royal which is our first cruise with Royal, Oasis. I am so excited, the ship looks amazing. We are platinum on NCL. We were told that we will never go back to NCL after this cruise

what are the complimentary restaurants and which are the pay ones. Is there a specialty restaurant that you can recommend for our anniversary

my husband has a severe nut allergy. Who do we contact re this

any tips that you can share

going on the NCL Encore in May and very disappointed that they got rid of the adult section Spice H2O. Saw The Solarium on Royal in a few pictures and said “wow”. How beautiful. Can’t wait

are there any good bands. We love rock and roll

There is a special needs department.  Contact them  through your booking on peanut allergy

Edited by Tom47

We cruise with both lines and many others. Diamonds with RCI (16 cruises) and Platinum (9) with NCL.

We go back to NCL, but lack of adult areas with pools is a serious con for us. We don’t even cruise on Breakaway or larger classes of NCL after trying Breakaway because pool areas are not adequate for number of people. RCI has huge advantage in this department.

Oasis class of RCI is very unique even in RCI fleet. It was our 25th cruise when we tried Allure and felt like kids in the candy store . :)

IMHO RCI has larger variety of ships. Many ships have indoor pools which makes cruising more comfortable in various weather.

Cannot Point any negatives of RCI comparing to NCL except maybe that RCI additional free dining equal in quality to O’Sheehan’s.