Quarantined - need suggestions

kathyemma

On our third day while on a Magic cruise my wife came down with what the ship's doctor thought was Noro.  They immediately restricted her to the cabin and we missed an excursion (private).  Couple of days later I got sick and we missed another excursion (also private).  The doctor put us on a bland diet and room service delivered it for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  It was wrapped in a red plastic container.  Can't imagine what the neighbors thought.  Anyway, because it was suspected to be Noro the ship did give us free movies and also added $100 OBC each to our account.  I can't advise you on Carnival trip insurance as I never get it but the company we used took care of the excursions quickly.  I didn't ask about getting reimbursed for the days we were sick because I was still onboard and still had fun.  I would be a bit surprised if Carnival reimbursed for the "missed" days but you never know so I would certainly ask.  Maybe it's covered under Trip Interruption.  Also, I would tip a bit over and above the normal tip for the cabin steward.   Our's did a deep cleaning every morning to get rid of any germs hanging around and that probably helped us get healthy again quickly.

**Quick Edit**  I should have mentioned the visit to the ship's doctor was free.  If it hadn't my insurance would have payed me (they actually asked if I was charged for the visit).

Edited by Cushing985

10 minutes ago, Cushing985 said:

Anyway, because it was suspected to be Noro the ship did give us free movies and also added $100 OBC each to our account.

That seems strange. They quarantine someone to their cabin, then give them OBC to spend. I guess they're expecting the person to get better and be able to use it, but I'm sure there's plenty of people who miss their whole cruise in their cabin and never get the chance.

3 hours ago, Cushing985 said:

On our third day while on a Magic cruise my wife came down with what the ship's doctor thought was Noro.  They immediately restricted her to the cabin and we missed an excursion (private).  Couple of days later I got sick and we missed another excursion (also private).  The doctor put us on a bland diet and room service delivered it for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  It was wrapped in a red plastic container.  Can't imagine what the neighbors thought.  Anyway, because it was suspected to be Noro the ship did give us free movies and also added $100 OBC each to our account.  I can't advise you on Carnival trip insurance as I never get it but the company we used took care of the excursions quickly.  I didn't ask about getting reimbursed for the days we were sick because I was still onboard and still had fun.  I would be a bit surprised if Carnival reimbursed for the "missed" days but you never know so I would certainly ask.  Maybe it's covered under Trip Interruption.  Also, I would tip a bit over and above the normal tip for the cabin steward.   Our's did a deep cleaning every morning to get rid of any germs hanging around and that probably helped us get healthy again quickly.

**Quick Edit**  I should have mentioned the visit to the ship's doctor was free.  If it hadn't my insurance would have payed me (they actually asked if I was charged for the visit).

She just got a letter in her cabin offering her a credit towards a future Cruise.  The amount is equal to one day of this Cruise.  That was totally unexpected and I thought it was very nice.  

• Like 3

My husband and I were quarantined also on Carnival ship due to a bad flu outbreak. We  also both had flu vaccine so it did not hit us as bad. Carnival took great care of us as room service brought everything we needed. They gave us mask to wear from doctor office where we diagnosed, given medication and then sent to our room.  Luckily it was the last 2 days of our vacation and on third day we disembarked and no longer contagious. 

When we went to pay our bill at the end, Carnival had generously refunded our last two days and gave us this amount as credit for our next cruise. 😍 We were very impressed. They didn't have to do this, but it has made us a customer for life.

• Like 1