Help me pick which ship!

Hoya2000

Taking family on their 1st cruise (I've been on a bunch as a kid)  I have 2 boys ages 9 and 12.  We want something that will keep them busy- they aren't typically going to go to a kids club but with activities will be good.

We are down to NCL- destination aside would you go on the Encore, Breakaway, Getaway or Epic...  We will be in the Haven on any ship- and it will be Easter so I'm sure more crowded than usual. Feel free to chime in with any advice

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Encore.

Newest, largest go-kart track, largest laser-tag area, etc.

Enjoy the Haven. If you have questions about stateroom types that sleep 4 (we're also a family of 4), feel free to ask.

The problem with this is that I've read that people are having trouble getting time slots for the go-karts and laser tag. This may become even more difficult during a holiday sailing. Plus, they are an additional cost. Being in the Haven may help you get reservations, though. And being in the Haven may help mitigate the smaller pool deck area.

Both the Getaway and Breakaway have water slides and a ropes course (free). The Epic has water slides.

If your kids are going to really, really want the go-karts and laser tag, I'd do the Encore. If that is something that they won't miss, I'd consider one of the other ships. If they want a ropes course, then one of the -aways would be your best bet. 

1 hour ago, brookie848 said:

The problem with this is that I've read that people are having trouble getting time slots for the go-karts and laser tag. This may become even more difficult during a holiday sailing.

Priority Boarding or the concierge pretty eliminate that problem.

Encore also has waterslides.

1 hour ago, brookie848 said:

If your kids are going to really, really want the go-karts and laser tag, I'd do the Encore. If that is something that they won't miss, I'd consider one of the other ships. If they want a ropes course, then one of the -aways would be your best bet.

Out on a limb but I'd bet that the boys would prefer the karts over the ropes.🙂

• 4 weeks later...

personally i love the getaway, and wasnt thrilled with the epic.  however, i am usually more concerned with the itinerary then the actual ship, especially if im in a haven. fyi, dont discount the kids club. your kids will have a terrific time.