Solo Specialty Dining

chefchick

I will be boarding the Panorama in April.  I prefer to eat “later” and am interested in trying the many specialty restaurants.  As a solo diner, do I need to make reservations or can I walk up most nights (as long as I am flexible with timing)?  In a perfect world, I would have a cocktail, see the 7:00 evening show and then walk up to a restaurant and get a table without too much wait, enjoy my meal then it’s off to comedy, or the piano bar...whatever.  Can I be that free flowing or do I need reservations each night?  Also, for those of you who have dined solo, how is the service?  In my limited experience on Carnival, asking for a table for one confuses the staff and I tend to have to wait because they think I MUST be waiting for someone to join me 🙄

• Like 1

I never said I never make reservations. I did say on occasion we did not like the MDR menu and walked up to the Steakhouse and were happily seated. We waited 5 minutes at the bar to clean off a table. We do make reservations for day 1, but have never seen the Steakhouse full

Just now, coevan said:

I never said I never make reservations. I did say on occasion we did not like the MDR menu and walked up to the Steakhouse and were happily seated. We waited 5 minutes at the bar to clean off a table. We do make reservations for day 1, but have never seen the Steakhouse full

My apologies. I misunderstood. 

It wasn't solo, but I have along with a friend walked up to the Steakhouse several times and we were seated almost immediately (waited 10 minutes once). But, usually I've made reservations. I agree with coevan, the place is never full and the culinary offerings are excellent at the bargain price of $38 !