Venus vs Star

reustmd

I'm considering booking a Viking Homelands cruise for 2021, and my dates work for either the original Viking Star, or the brand new Viking Venus.

I haven't been on a Viking cruise before, but it looks like all the ships are fairly similar. Does anyone believe it's worth paying a couple grand extra for the new Venus? Is the Star aging well?

I plan on booking a Penthouse Jr Suite if that makes any difference.

19 hours ago, reustmd said:

I'm considering booking a Viking Homelands cruise for 2021, and my dates work for either the original Viking Star, or the brand new Viking Venus.

I haven't been on a Viking cruise before, but it looks like all the ships are fairly similar. Does anyone believe it's worth paying a couple grand extra for the new Venus? Is the Star aging well?

I plan on booking a Penthouse Jr Suite if that makes any difference.

a few cruises I checked show no difference in price for any particular ship - just the dates. We’re booked on the Venus for the British Isles in March 2021 - cheapest cruise offered because of the date.

Just been on the Star - great ship. I would save the $$$.

The price is low not because of the ship you are on but because of the time of the year. I would be asking questions as to why people think this is not the best time of year to sail this particular itinerary and if those reasons are as important to you. Maybe you are better off on the higher priced cruise because of factors other than the newness of the ship.

8 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

The price is low not because of the ship you are on but because of the time of the year. I would be asking questions as to why people think this is not the best time of year to sail this particular itinerary and if those reasons are as important to you. Maybe you are better off on the higher priced cruise because of factors other than the newness of the ship.

The cruises I'm referring to are only separated by 3 days. But the prices are moving around each week, and have been converging recently, so I'll probably end up with the newer ship 🙂.

We went on a river cruise on a new ship and it was fantastic.  They bring in the most experiencd people to train and work with the staff.  Our chef on the river cruise was the one in the commercials and the food was just outstanding.  He said they stay with the new ship for several months.

We're booked on the Venus for Homelands on May 3, 2021 and can't wait.

• Like 1