Hop on/off bus Puerto Vallarta

Ine

For those of you that wants to see more of Puerto Vallarta,  I got information of the recent started hop on/off bus in Puerto Vallarta. No personal experience, but it might be interesting for some of you. The stop on top - Puerto Magico - is the one  near the cruise terminal.

More on this website: http://www.vallartourbus.mx/index-en.php

Edited by Ine
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, cardamon said:

Thank you! Has anyone used this HOHO bus? Do you recommend its use to travel to areas like Romanica or is that dis tance walkable from pier?

Haven't used it yet but we are planning to.  Zona Romantica is a pretty long walk from the pier.

3 hours ago, cardamon said:

Thank you! Has anyone used this HOHO bus? Do you recommend its use to travel to areas like Romanica or is that dis tance walkable from pier?

If you  jusr want to go to old town, you can also take the regular bus or even Uber.  It is much too far to walk. This hopon off bus is new, so not many people will have used it. You can check their route on the website.

9 hours ago, Rawswife said:

We used this in November and quite enjoyed it. 

The upper deck was the best place to ride. 

Also, don't accept the first price. You can negotiate a better rate. We did. 

Thank you! I am not a good haggler- do you remember whet you paid? We want to see the entire route, then on the way back hop off near Los Muertos brewery. Anyone been there or used the bus to get off at various locations?

41 minutes ago, cardamon said:

Thank you! I am not a good haggler- do you remember whet you paid? We want to see the entire route, then on the way back hop off near Los Muertos brewery. Anyone been there or used the bus to get off at various locations?

Haven't done the HOHO bus yet but have done the brewery.....pizzas are HUGE & the beer is ok.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cardamon said:

According to the website the fare is Pesos 340 per person, which I think is rather expensive. It might be even cheaper when you use either the regular bus  and/or partly an Uber. Of course this depends how often you get off at various stops. 

Re sitting on the topdeck, yes the view is the best, but be aware of the burning sun!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cardamon said:

I'm not either. The first person we encountered (outside the mall, across from the port) quoted us a price of $20 USD. I thought that was high. DH and I said we were headed into the mall for something and would think about it while inside. 

We decided to go ahead and do the HOHO and when we came back outside, we could not find the gentleman that had quoted us. But found another person and he said he would sell us the tickets for $15/each. So technically, we didnt haggle, but it seems that the price is definitely negotiable. Or maybe it was because it was so new ??? 

• Like 1

On 1/27/2020 at 7:39 PM, Rawswife said:

I'm not either. The first person we encountered (outside the mall, across from the port) quoted us a price of $20 USD. I thought that was high. DH and I said we were headed into the mall for something and would think about it while inside. 

We decided to go ahead and do the HOHO and when we came back outside, we could not find the gentleman that had quoted us. But found another person and he said he would sell us the tickets for $15/each. So technically, we didnt haggle, but it seems that the price is definitely negotiable. Or maybe it was because it was so new ??? 

Thanks _ at least gave me an idea!  Do you take pesos?

23 hours ago, cardamon said:

Thanks _ at least gave me an idea!  Do you take pesos?

Yes they have to since it is the local currency! 

3 hours ago, 57redbird said:

I think the OP was asking if you take pesos to Mexico, not if the HOHO does.

We do --- our local AAA provides them - if you purchase over $200 USD worth, there is no service fee.

Ahhh tipsy Rawswife didnt quite read it correctly...LOL 

On 1/25/2020 at 3:18 PM, Ine said:

If you  jusr want to go to old town, you can also take the regular bus or even Uber.  It is much too far to walk. This hopon off bus is new, so not many people will have used it. You can check their route on the website.

I second this.  My own recommendation is to use the bus.  Remember, the ride to the Malecon or Romantic District is only 10 pesos.  I looked on their web site and the route isn't very interesting.  For me, these types of buses are good alternative to a quick city tour in an area that has many sites worth seeing which really isn't the case in PV.